Anyone Know What She Is??

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
What is the size and where was it collected, if it was collected?

Penn

Arachnosquire
Do they normally get this big? The common tongue name is Carolina wolf spider right?
Yup they get pretty large. Mine is 2.9 inches after her most recent molt. Make great pets if you fancy keeping her. Yours is female, so she may live for 2-3 years or so. Where are you located? Could be another species if you are not in the US or out of the CWS range. There are a few Geolycosa species that also look similar, but I don't think she is one due to the shape of her cephalothorax.

Nioctin

Arachnopeon
What is the size and where was it collected, if it was collected?
How should I measure? Feet Length? If you spread the legs out she could cover my entire palm location collected: broken arrow Oklahoma.

Yup they get pretty large. Mine is 2.9 inches after her most recent molt. Make great pets if you fancy keeping her. Yours is female, so she may live for 2-3 years or so. Where are you located? Could be another species if you are not in the US or out of the CWS range. There are a few Geolycosa species that also look similar, but I don't think she is one due to the shape of her cephalothorax.
Gonna keep her yes 😁

Gonna keep her yes 😁
Broken arrow Oklahoma is where she was collected

Last edited by a moderator:

Penn

Arachnosquire
How should I measure? Feet Length? If you spread the legs out she could cover my entire palm location collected: broken arrow Oklahoma.
Yup, seems to be a carolinensis. I measure mine from the back leg to the front leg when they are all spread out, but others use a diagonal leg span measurement.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Diagonal leg span in inches, from the front right to the back left? Or vice versa. I’d number them but it could go either way. You could have very big or very small or medium palms so yeah measure DLS in inches. This will give us a better general idea

Nioctin

Arachnopeon
Diagonal leg span in inches, from the front right to the back left? Or vice versa. I’d number them but it could go either way. You could have very big or very small or medium palms so yeah measure DLS in inches. This will give us a better general idea
3.4 inch roughly kinda hard to measure her right now gonna leave her alone now so she doesn’t stress and gets more Acclimated to her new home.

Penn

Arachnosquire
This is how I have my gal set up. We have a lighter color morph here in Utah, hence her slate coloration.

IMG_20200923_231254633.jpg IMG_20200923_230413032.jpg IMG_20200923_230335553.jpg

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely Hogna carolinensis. Some individuals are a lot darker than others, here’s a photo of another one for reference.

Nioctin

Arachnopeon

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Nioctin

Arachnopeon
This is how I have my gal set up. We have a lighter color morph here in Utah, hence her slate coloration.

View attachment 360892 View attachment 360890 View attachment 360891
Is this going to be to much room for her? She seems to like it so far I had her in a vary tiny 6 inch by 6inch container for a couple days so I just wanted to let you guys know I’m keeping her happy 😊😊🥳🤗
I used mostly coconut fiber and sand with solft soil for the good digging!

Attachments

Penn

Arachnosquire
Is this going to be to much room for her? She seems to like it so far I had her in a vary tiny 6 inch by 6inch container for a couple days so I just wanted to let you guys know I’m keeping her happy 😊😊🥳🤗
I used mostly coconut fiber and sand with solft soil for the good digging!
Looks pretty good to me! Wolfies aren't picky and adapt well to most setups. Only thing I would add is some decorations to spruce it up.