Anyone know Tillandsias well?

Owenmurray

Arachnopeon
The two mounted together are tricky just because there are quite a few that look like that with very subtle differences, But I would feel comfortable calling them T. capitata. The last and curliest of the three photos is T. queroensis and the second photo looks like a young T. juncea.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
The two mounted together are tricky just because there are quite a few that look like that with very subtle differences, But I would feel comfortable calling them T. capitata. The last and curliest of the three photos is T. queroensis and the second photo looks like a young T. juncea.
Thanks for this! I looked up some photos to confirm, and it looks spot on. If the second one is indeed a T. juncea, then I may need to remount it on something larger..... lol! All the photos of T. queroensis look a little less curly and fuzzy compared to mine. I soak that one occasionally..... would it still be dehydrated?

Owenmurray

Arachnopeon
You've probably got some time before it becomes terribly dire! Those guys are way cool when they get tall. As for the queroensis I would guess it to also be a little bit younger of a plant. I don't have any of them of my own so I can't provide a very detailed routine for it's watering, but a little extra soaking (provided you allow them ample upside-down drying time) never hurt anyone! :)

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
You've probably got some time before it becomes terribly dire! Those guys are way cool when they get tall. As for the queroensis I would guess it to also be a little bit younger of a plant. I don't have any of them of my own so I can't provide a very detailed routine for it's watering, but a little extra soaking (provided you allow them ample upside-down drying time) never hurt anyone! :)
Sounds good. It definitely looks like a hanging-type tilly. Like a larger verson of Spanish Moss. I actually like the curly look, so I hope that’s how it’s supposed to look in a healthy state:)

Thanks for the replies.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Very impressive :) tillandsia identification is hard