Anyone know , of anyone reputable dealer selling a true web weaving spider

Goanna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, does anyone here who has kept large orb weavers actually try to keep them in a cage of some type, or do you just let them go in the corner of a room where they can build a web? I am tempted to try that this year, but I dont know how well the rest of the family would like that idea, lol.

I had bought one of them in winter of 2003 and tried setting it up in a large reptarium set up vertically, and it made a web and hung out on it all the time, but it didnt eat and it wound up dieing on me in a few weeks. :(

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Venom said:
You could check at www.gherp.com. They sell several varieties of true spiders. www.swiftinverts.com has a few too. And www.spiderpatch.com might have some too. If you want funnelweb weavers ( not Atrax ) you can probably find them in your own cellar ( even in the city ).
Carolina Specialty Pets, too? Good for true spiders, plus oddball insects and stuff:

http://www.carolinaspecialtypets.com/

And then of course, the link to the dealers:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Because, from time to time, other dealers will offer interesting non-T spiders, etc. And there are quite a number on there that I haven't checked yet, but the titles look promising. It's a good habit, if you can develop it, to just check around from time to time. See what they all have! (Then we can all be poor together! :D )

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Goanna said:
I had bought one of them in winter of 2003 and tried setting it up in a large reptarium set up vertically, and it made a web and hung out on it all the time, but it didnt eat and it wound up dieing on me in a few weeks. :(
Perhaps it was the natural lifespan coming to an end? Spring and summer: good times to try the spiders that naturally have shorter lives, imo...