AnyOne know how to care for a jumping spider?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Simple enough. That's interesting how they seem to use the tape. I'm guessing because it's a rougher surface and easier to build the sac there. That's a good idea to have the lid at the bottom. Makes cleaning much easier and less destructive

Spepper

Arachnodemon
Alrighty, since this thread seems to have become a jumping spider advice-thread I'll ask my question here. :}

How long after a jumping spider molts does it take for its exoskeleton to harden up? I have a juvenile of what I believe to be a P. johnsoni, but at capture I thought she was a juvenile P. clarus. However after she molted her abdomen turned bright red with a black stripe down the middle, much like the P. johnsoni I had before that I actually found on top of the Christmas tree. It's been 3-4 days, and I know she needs food because after molting her abdomen became teeny, but I don't want to destroy her safe haven which she built under the lid until she doesn't actually need it anymore.

Salticstance

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alrighty, since this thread seems to have become a jumping spider advice-thread I'll ask my question here. :}

How long after a jumping spider molts does it take for its exoskeleton to harden up?
The next day is fine to force from the sac. It may need some assistance capturing its prey.

Spepper

Arachnodemon
Thanks! I actually saw it finally come out of its tent today, of course after I posted asking help.:sarcasm: And... "she" is actually a "he". And he caught a small fly and is feasting as I speak. :) Thanks for the advice though! It will be helpful in the future.