Anyone keep Sphaerobothria hoffmanni - Horned T?

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
So anyone keeping Sphaerobothria hoffmanni Central American Horned T.

Just curious what this T is like to keep aside from regular, though hard to find, care sheet info?

How aggresive is this species? And are they mainly a burrower or a terrestrial species?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can't remember the person who has this one, but I know someone on the forum does.....

If I recall correctly, as I was considering this species, they aren't that aggressive, and I THINK (don't quote me) they do burrow, but are not pet holes.

I do know that Netbugs carries them.

Care-sheets are crap

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
They're an overall pretty easy to manage sp., mines often chooses to retreat into its burrow instead... and has never kicked UH towards me. They're territorials that that happen to burrow, My specimen's are pretty seclusive so expect them to be in there burrow more often then not. They originate from a environment that's pretty moisture rich so they'll appreciate some slightly moist deep substrate and water-dish for humidity with a hide to start with. They're pretty great eaters my immature female and male have only molted once in my care and they've only refused food when approaching pre-molt . They are a medium sized T getting up to around the 4.5-5'' inch mark I'd say. There not hard to keep at all really compared to other more fragile moisture dependent sp. Seeing as your from CA T.C. used to have mature females and until a couple of months ago an immature male and a female, which are the two in the photos below.
Female top before molt, male bottom post molt:
20160703_121248.jpg 20160825_154909.jpg

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
thank you both for the info. I see an opportunity to purchase a healthy 3" pair for 4 bills from a reliable supplier.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
ya @Flexzone I am at the TC table everytime at any of the 2 - 5 different Alberta shows I go to, great table and vendors. Arachnophiliacs is also a good source in Canada and is at most shows aswell.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ya @Flexzone I am at the TC table everytime at any of the 2 - 5 different Alberta shows I go to, great table and vendors. Arachnophiliacs is also a good source in Canada and is at most shows aswell.
You can't go wrong with Martin at all.