Anyone keep pseudo scorpions?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i tried once

one took 6 months to die

i want to try again now that i have several "supermini" feeder choices!

check out my photobucket (in sig) and you can navigate to find pics of the one i kept (i can't access pb from work or i would link more civilly)

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have only ever seen one pseudo scorpion - near Brown Beach on Kangaroo Island in South Australia while camping there. They must be extremely rare.

arch

Arachnopeon
breeding pseudo scorpions

I'm interested in breeding some with the ultimate goal being to house them alongside honeybees.
Any leads for my area (New England) would be appreciated.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They're not that rare.

you usually find them under bark, but depending on the state you're in, removing bark from trees may be illegal.

It's waaaaay illegal in california.

aaarg

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have only ever seen one pseudo scorpion - near Brown Beach on Kangaroo Island in South Australia while camping there. They must be extremely rare.
Not rare, just hard to find unless you're looking in the right place. Do a leaf litter sample and you're more likely to find some. I've found two or three in my house, and I'm sure many more have passed before me unnoticed!

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
I've found 6 or so in recent weeks, moved them into my setup which houses my isopods and other native bugs, hard to spot and surprisingly quick on their feet for their size.