anyone keep an orange arborial baboon

albob

Arachnopeon
iv done a bit of reading on these and have seen a few sp one being pterinochilus sp, it says they are semi arborial so daft question how do you house them in an arborial set up with a little land or in a terestrial set up with something to clamber over, sorry if it sounds a daft question

thanks

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep the p.murnis that I have in a 5 gallon aquarium with about 6" of Substrate (incase she wants to burrow she can) a few pieces of cork bark standing up on the sides of the cage for hides and a bunch of those fake aquarium plants...I've seen her on the plants a couple times but she hasn't webbed them up, she does have somewhat of a burrow dug that is all webbed, but IT's not anything compared to what I've seen them do...Hope that helps a bit

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine only has about an inch of substrate, but she has a couple of pieces of curved cork bark, arranged into a kind of 5" tall teepee shape. So it's really neither terrestrial or arboreal; but it creates a decent chamber for her, and any initial insecurities are solved by the fact it's at the centre of a very thick web maze. :)

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have 6 of these and keep em all the same,deep substrate with bark etc to give depth to the landscape,they all burrow rather than web up high.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i keep mine in a 10 gal tank with about 6 inches of substrate
lots of room to burrow but nope, she decides to build a nice web home
right in the top corner of the cage. it makes it kind of hard to feed her but
i guess the good side is that i can clearly see her at all times ( or maybe she is watching me ):?

albob

Arachnopeon
i started setting this up do you think itl be ok its not quite finished but you get the idea its 19h10w10d ish