Anyone in the Dallas area?

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just curious if there are any other active T folks around?

Ropes

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Waco, Tx right here. About an hour away if you wanna call that local. I think you're the only other person from Texas I have seen in here.

In Him,
Marcus

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry it took so long to answer but I was away from my pc for a few days. I guess two of us doesnt make much of a Texas T club does it. I drove over to Waco to scout a few towers to base jump, but it would be a long drive for two of us to form a club.. so much for that plan.

Ropes

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol, yeah. There is someone else from Copperas Cove, but that's even worse. ::shrugs:: Texas sucks...hehe.

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm in Austin... certainly not local to Dallas, but at least its TX. ;)

Rav

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey I go to Austin quite a bit. I have gotten my last two Ts from Zoo Keeper Exotics...I think that's what it's called.

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, the spider guy at Zookeeper is pretty knowledgable, and has lots of odd species if you talk to him. :) He does school programs and birthday parties with his inverts.

Rav

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just a thought but we could meet in Austin or Waco, drinks, spiders, food?

Ropes

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, the spider guy at Zookeeper is pretty knowledgable, and has lots of odd species if you talk to him. He does school programs and birthday parties with his inverts.
Yeah, I forget his name. He told me they'll have one of his c. crawshayi (adults) pretty soon. I like talking to him. He makes me feel like an @$$ though when I try to pronounce those freakin' latin terms cause he just whips them out. I think I'm going back up there either this weekend or next.

Just a thought but we could meet in Austin or Waco, drinks, spiders, food?
Whatever's clever, I'm up for it. It would have to be in a little later on though, because i work three jobs plus school so I have very little time. But sounds like a plan to me.

In Him,
M/E

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
Yeah, I forget his name. He told me they'll have one of his c. crawshayi (adults) pretty soon. I like talking to him. He makes me feel like an @$$ though when I try to pronounce those freakin' latin terms cause he just whips them out. I think I'm going back up there either this weekend or next.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. Half the time I don't even know what he's talking about because I've never heard the latin name actually pronounced, I've only read it. Oh yeah, and his name is David. I'm dropping by there tonight to pick up my weekly feeders... I have a spider on hold - some unidentified species from California, need to get more background from him on it. :)

Rav

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm dropping by there tonight to pick up my weekly feeders...
DOOD! Will you do me a favor? Can you see if that myglomorph, I think it's a red-legged trapdoor, is still there? I think it was like $15, or 20..something like that. Anyway, if it's still there I may go get it this weekend. I really want that huge t-blondi he has, but I just don't have the room for it. If you don't get this in time, it's all good...but if you can...thanks!

In Him,
M/E

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll have a look, but I'm pretty sure it sold rather quickly, it wasn' t there last Wednesday when I was in. He had a black one too a couple weeks ago. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get you one if you asked him though.

Rav

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet, I'll check with him...I need to remember to get his e-mail address next time I go up there.

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you get his email send it to me would you. I could make it to Austin or Waco in about two weeks if we wanted to have a get together?

Ropes

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No go on the red trap door, but he is getting a shipment of spiders in today. He got a shipment of scorpions yesterday.

I picked up a nifty mygalomorph species. An unidentified species from Tanzania (don't know where the heck I got California yesterday, must have been before I had my coffee) - it looks and acts like a typical trapdoor. Its a steely grey color with speckling on the abdomen. I'll get pics later today when I wake up. :)

David's webpage is Austin Arachnological Services. Oi vey... need to have a talk with him about making a better page. :)

Rav

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm in Copperas Cove, abot 2-3 hours from Dallas, one hour from Waco, and an hour from Austin. Dave is a pretty cool guy, he knows his Aphonopelmas! We have purchased quite a few cool spiders from him as well as some CBB Tanzanian Tailless Whipscorpions, I really enjoyed those. Maybe we should all try to meet up someday, at least once a year?
Thanks
Justyn

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome...yikes..he doesn need a webmaster! lol. No wander, it's just an AOL hometown page. Sounds good to me...meeting up at least once a year, just to kick it...talk about the hobby, any new introductions, species re-classification (if anyone has any imput on that). We should keep in touch...go Texas..lol.

In Him,
M/E

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmmmm........now just a meeting location, date, and time!
Thanks
Justyn