Anyone have these...?

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, I'm getting 3 slings really soon for under $30 They are all about 1" and they are...

1 curlyhair (i have one allready)
1 Usumbara :D :D :D :D :D :D
1 P. Regalis, Indian ornamental!!!

Yay fun, I'm mostly just asking about the Usumbara and the Regalis, Anyone have them? How are they? I know AGRESSIVE but, how do you like them as pets? Ever see them? and what not. Thanks
Mike
I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GET THEM! :)

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I have 1 curly~ I only see it when it's hungry, it stays in it's burrow:( But, when it eats, it takes down 2 crickets at a time.:)
It's about 2 inches long. Kinda boring really.....

I have 3 Usambara~ Yes, I am crazy:)
They are fast and love to eat. And they also web their vials
up pretty good. They are about an inch long and take down
a cricket bigger than they are:eek: Very interesting to watch,
not boring by a long shot.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Out of the 3 you are getting I have 1 Usambara that is about 2 1/2 inches in size. She is a maniac, she runs really quick and its funny too when she does cause u can here the patter of her feet when she moves around. As you prob already know I wouldnt pick these guys up they are fast and aggressive. Very good eater interesting to watch eat. One time when I fed mine she was in her burrow and the cricket i tossed in wasnt to bright because it was playing with one of the webbed up openings and then i saw 4 orange legs appear and the "BAM" cricket was gone back into the burrow.

Anyways good luck with your new T's

TheDon

Oh and about the "DO u see them part" I only see the usambara late at night when I have shut the lights off in the tarantula room usually around 1am and sometimes later. I really like my usambara even though she is in her burrow all day but i still get to see her late at night which is good enough for me.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have an adult female P.regalis.I can see her plenty but it's mainly due to the fact of the way I positioned her corkbark in the tank...otherwise you probably wouldn't see her much.She comes out periodically through the day but not for long and usually only if she's hungry and not been fed for a while.Overfeeding would probably lead to not seeing her much either.Nightime she becomes quite active after the lights are out.She always takes a good nightly patrol of her tank...usually remaing in full veiw for a good part of the night.When she is out though,she is a sight to behold.A good looking,impressive T......peace

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have an adult curly and usambara, and I have usambara and regalis spiderlings. My curly has been a bit tempramental lately...probably due to the fact that she laid an eggsac a few weeks ago, but otherwise she's a great spider. She's fairly big, approaching 6 inches, and eats just about anything I put in with her. The usambara female I have is quite testy, but isn't really that bad unless I go messing with her web or something to that effect. She pretty much stays in her burrow made of webbing. The spiderling usambara also webs a lot...it's about 1" now. The P. regalis spiderling is approaching 2.5". I've had it for a few months now and I've never had any problems with it. It eats fairly well and webs a good bit. They're really fast, too. It runs laps around its little container when I pick it up. Hope that helped a little. :)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My adult female regalis is most active at night. You can see her behind her bark if you really look but she has webbed up the sides of the enclosure behind the bark. After dark with a flashlight she is out alot. She is not overly aggressive, I would call her shy, the slightest touch on her tank sends her behind her bark again.

Andy

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We have a Adult Usambra. She comes out mostly at night When no one is around. They are aggressive and fast but we love her anyways. I would like to know where you are getting your slings from to. I am getting 2 slings from inland Sea Reptiles they will be $16 and its a Mexican Red Knee and a Giant White Knee. they don't have a website but they do have a email herpshop@atlantic.net

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Curly and also an Indian ornamental. They are about 2" long each. They are real contrasting spiders from what I can see. The Curly (my girlfriend has called it Barbara) is quite slow and docile and likes to dig. So far Barbara has buried a plantpot with all of the digging she does and I have had her for less than a week.

My Indian ornamental (this one's called Jerry:rolleyes: ) is real feisty. I have only got four Ts and have only been keeping them for a month or so but Jerry is by far the fastest thing on eight legs I have ever seen. I know P.regalis isn't supposed to be a good spider for a beginner but I think if you treat all spiders with the care and respect they deserve then anyone can keep them.

Anyways, I don't see much of Jerry but when I do it is a real event and I will sit and watch him. He is ALWAYS hungry. Barbara just seems to like to dig. They are both nice spiders in my opinion.:cool:

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for all the replies everyone! It helps alot, i can't wait until i get them.
I am getting all 3 of them for a TOTAL of $30.00!
I am buying them from my friend who is kind of downsizing his collection, i'm taking almost everything he's giving up. :)
Thanks again.
Mike

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:D Does he have any more?!:D

I have 5 curly slings, they are about 2 1/2", eat like pigs and love to burrow! They're little flickers, which is funny with a T so small!

I have a 1/4" usambara who I don't see often, but many crix disappear very often in that little container, so i know it's a HOG!

And I hve a 3 1/2" usambara who fits the name "Orange Bitey Thing" to a T! Good eater, good webber, BEAUTIFUL coloration!

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey MizM there's nothing left besides what he's keeping, i'm taking everything else from him ;P ;P :) it's great! Once i get them i'll post pictures... i'm waiting for my paycheck so i can send out the money!!! :) yayayayay! hahaha
Mike

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
There's two curlies and two Usambaras in my collection. Curlies are my favorite of the "plain" brown Ts - a lot of personality for a Brachy to make up for their relative lack of color.

I've got to transfer the Usambaras sometime this weekend from their current housing as they've out grown it since I got them as tiny, brown slings - that'll be fun :D
I've not had any problems with their attitude so far (of course they're still under 2"), they retreat into their copious tube webs any time I'm messing with their containers. They're very interesting to watch hunt because they do treat anything in their tube webs with extreme prejudice.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
There's two curlies and two Usambaras in my collection. Curlies are my favorite of the "plain" brown Ts - a lot of personality for a Brachy to make up for their relative lack of color.

I've got to transfer the Usambaras sometime this weekend from their current housing as they've out grown it since I got them as tiny, brown slings - that'll be fun :D
I've not had any problems with their attitude so far (of course they're still under 2"), they retreat into their copious tube webs any time I'm messing with their containers. They're very interesting to watch hunt because they do treat anything in their tube webs with extreme prejudice.
I wish you luck. Last time I tried to transfer my usambara, it shot out like lightning after I opened the lid and went straight to behind computer table. I had to pull the table out to get it, but then it shot out again and went behind my frige. We played hide and seek for about 20-30 minutes before I was able to corner the thing. They're just too fast.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey mike, whats the deal, when are you getting these?!!

do you ever go to Animals Place in Elizabeth NJ? They've got a really cool selection. I got 2 Red Phases there for like $20 a piece.. nice big girls too!

They've got a great selection of inverts there too!

peace
dave

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
I wish you luck. Last time I tried to transfer my usambara, it shot out like lightning after I opened the lid and went straight to behind computer table. I had to pull the table out to get it, but then it shot out again and went behind my frige. We played hide and seek for about 20-30 minutes before I was able to corner the thing. They're just too fast.
The transfers were painless. The first one ran out of the snug vial it was in, up my hand, then ran right into the container I was moving it into. The second tried to fake me out with a dash into the container, then right back out again but I was ready with large glass and trapped it on my carpet before sliding some paper underneath it and plonking it down in its new home.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres what i do (and i dont have any problems) --

i have a vial bigger than the T (mines a healthy 1.5+") and i open up the top of the big deli cup slowly, and its usually just hanging out trying to figure whats up, and then i slowly cover the T with the vial. Then i can rip open the top of the cup and put a piece of paper underneath the vial, turnthe vial over, grab the lid, screw that thing on tight and bam, you've got yourself a captured usumbara..

mine's not always running around like a freak, so it may not work for others... but i dont find any T just randomly running around for hours.. theres time when they chill out.

the only thing is, mine doesn't have a tube web.. just a web-hammock, so... there you go, that probably adds to why i can move mine with no prob.

anyways
peace
dave

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
Hey, I'm getting 3 slings really soon for under $30 They are all about 1" and they are...

1 curlyhair (i have one allready)
1 Usumbara :D :D :D :D :D :D
1 P. Regalis, Indian ornamental!!!

Yay fun, I'm mostly just asking about the Usumbara and the Regalis, Anyone have them? How are they? I know AGRESSIVE but, how do you like them as pets? Ever see them? and what not. Thanks
Mike
I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GET THEM! :)
I bought a 4.5 inch long females usumbara yesterday and it was nasty trying to get it out of its tank at the pet store and the thing was nasty trying to get it into it tank even heard little hisses, it was intresting loves to web as soon as i put he in the tank made a hammock at the top of the enclosure so fair has been a really cool T:)

Last edited: