Anyone have pics of about 2 month old emps?

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I bought an baby emperor, but it doesn't quite look like one because the claws are thin for an emp; does anyone have any pics of emps that are about 2 months old that I can see to compare?

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
small claws on small scorps. my asian forest didnt get large claws till a recent molt

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Maybe it's realy a Heterometrus spp. of some type...a pic would help greatly in the ID.

John
];')

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, I know, sorry about that but all the pics I have taken are pretty crappy.

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know if this will be of any help, but here is a pic of my 7 (out of 8) Heterometrus longimanus babies. They were a month old on this pic.

If you look carefully, you'll see that it is possible to see chelas from the side. Sorry for poor quality, that's the best that my camera and I could do :8o

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks man that helped a lot, he looks very much like them, if anyone else has any pics though can you post em?

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've kept a few P. imperator babies that were already at third instar and they really looked like my H. longimanus babies (but the emp were already black). You shouldn't only judge on this pic, but maybe if you have a pic of 1 month old emp babies you could see some differences between the 2 species when they're babies.

Good luck, Frank

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Again, sorry about the spidertalk water mark but I pay for that gallery and it's automatic.

I've been trying to get a decent pic but it's hard with my cam.

Anyhoo, these P. imps are exactly 1 month old today.

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A couple more, about the best I can get with this camera.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay, I think my guy is actually an emp, he does look like those ones; I thought that he might not be because he had different physical attributes than the others older guys I have. Thanks guys.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Tim R.
Again, sorry about the spidertalk water mark but I pay for that gallery and it's automatic.
Tim,

There is nothing for you to be sorry about :)

Scott