Anyone have experiance with these enclosures ?

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
was looking for a new tank as I want to probly get 2 haha I want a curly and an albiceps. resulting in me needing another tank. the extra tank I have is pretty big and unnessesary and I could use the space saved.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hot-Cube-Cry...hash=item4afe97db2d:m:mcnaTOV0oIX-OtDLWUdIoFA
( whats with all those oval tabs ? on the corners ?

or am I better off spending the money quality wise gewtting one of jamies ? I like how he has a lock on that one as It would put the girl at a camler ease with her kid around. l( Id still put it out of reach and whatnot )
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hot-Cube-Cry...hash=item4afe97db2d:m:mcnaTOV0oIX-OtDLWUdIoFA
I just dont want it too flimsy

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't know man. Those IMO looks sort of copy of the other acrylic enclosures you guys have in the US. But sometimes for certain T's a KK or a old school glass enclosure works fine, uh :p

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've never used those either, but I wouldn't do them. Something about them just looks... off. Either stick to Jamie's enclosures if you want to drop some money or go to a Container Store if you want something a little more budget-friendly.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I doubt it's anymore flimsy then the CD enclosure. those are about the same thicknesses. Keep in mind this is most likely a 'Kit' enclosure and you'll have to assemble it. I'd recommend gluing it and not just snapping it together.

STi

Arachnopeon
I have a few of them. They're not bad, but they're not the best. The way the ones I have go together is with a system of acrylic tabs that you then put a screw and nut through to hold it place. Kind of hard to describe, sorry. The bad is that the edges aren't sealed. I worked around this by layering some cling wrap down before I dump in the substrate. I neglected to do that with the smaller terrestrial one in the pic and substrate does leak out.

Edit: it is nice thick acrylic though

Attachments

magicmed

Arachnobaron
A line of hot glue along the bottom edges might look a little nicer than the wrap if youre looking for another option :) if the gap isn't too big.

STi

Arachnopeon
Thanks and I did consider hot glue but thought I might disassemble it if it ever goes out of use. The wrap actually doesn't look too bad and the gaps aren't large. Fractions of a millimeter really but enough for water or fine powdery substrate to get by.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've not used them. I know someone in China who has used a different model with screws and generally speaking he liked them quite a bit. Personally, I wouldn't order these as a return would be hassle, unless they sent you a new one for free. Some of the Chinese companies do that because it's SO CHEAP for them to make these. The company my friend uses in China used to sell them 20$ SHIPPED to the USA for similar quality compared to paying 70-80$ in the USA for the same size unit.

W/that said, the quality from manufacturers in the USA at least, also is variable too, some are pretty good, and at least one is pretty bad and not worth buying.

I do like the knockdown design for when one moves to a new location.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
I can't tell if you're serious but at the risk of missing a joke it's Kritter Keeper.
Oh ok I misspelled I find kritter keeprs at dollar store from tim to time so Idrather get one for 3.00 then 12 or 15 +. screw pet store prices. I thought it was Critter keeper. No that wasnt a joke thanks for informing. three decent in my opinion for a T. pending on species