Anyone have any experience raising P.Bromelicola?

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I am fortunate enough to have pretty much had two juvenile P.Bromelicola dropped into my lap. However I've never raised this particular species and was wondering if anyone has any experience with their care.

Last edited:

louise f

Arachnoangel
I have one of those. Fantastic and gorgeous T. I keep it just as i would with an avic. Mine is a sling, not a tad bigger than 1cm in bodylenght, i had it for 6 month now. :)

louise f

Arachnoangel
And this is how i keep the avics. Dont got a vid for the bromelicola just yet.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I have one of those. Fantastic and gorgeous T. I keep it just as i would with an avic. Mine is a sling, not a tad bigger than 1cm in bodylenght, i had it for 6 month now. :)
I have quite a bit of Avic experience so, if they're kept the same, I may be able to manage. High ventilation, dry except for a water dish?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I'd reccomend putting something that resembles a bromeliad in his tank just to see what happens. They do live in them in the wild.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep my 1.5" sling like my Avics as others have stated, But I added a tall (for the enclosure) piece of cork bark and I've added fake plants at different lengths some around 1" off the ground and I've found it tends to settle at sort of mid level.
Mine is a real speed demon that's why I've nicknamed it bolt, it makes my Avics seem like sloths and it's a good thing they are classed as gentle (not my words) because the 1st time I opened it's enclosure it bolted and sat under my watch, it didn't seem to be bothered about being moved with a paintbrush either
Good luck with the new addition they are beautiful

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep my 1.5" sling like my Avics as others have stated, But I added a tall (for the enclosure) piece of cork bark and I've added fake plants at different lengths some around 1" off the ground and I've found it tends to settle at sort of mid level.
Mine is a real speed demon that's why I've nicknamed it bolt, it makes my Avics seem like sloths and it's a good thing they are classed as gentle (not my words) because the 1st time I opened it's enclosure it bolted and sat under my watch, it didn't seem to be bothered about being moved with a paintbrush either
Good luck with the new addition they are beautiful
Agreed about them hanging out midway. I have a mature female. Very hardy, easy care. She has mooted once in my care. She is a very good eater as well.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agreed about them hanging out midway. I have a mature female. Very hardy, easy care. She has mooted once in my care. She is a very good eater as well.
I've had mine about 8 months it's moulted once in my care, I think they are easier to care for than some Avics as they are a lot more forgiving.
My little one isn't a fantastic eater but it does something crazy sometimes if it's not hungry it kills the prey and hangs it from it's web like a decoration on a Christmas tree