Anyone familiar with this asian?

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anyone familiar with Chilobrachys Huahini?

Would be a great help...rescued up an almost 5" female for from the shop today...managed to talk the guy to let me have it cheap as its been there quite awhile now :)

RM40(USD$10) for the T and the small KK it was in...obviously WC, but was munching a cric when i was there :)

Is it an obligate burrower as well ?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

i know a lot, here is the info-

This beautiful Asian, is fantastic! Large reaching 6"+, these deep burrowers are a wheat colored tan, overall, and can move quite quick. Typical to the genus Chilobrachys, they posses a wonderful "tear drop" shaped abdomen with long extended spinnerets! Not often available!

i got this off swiftinverts.com

James
:D =D :8o

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jobe
RM40(USD$10) for the T and the small KK it was in...obviously WC, but was munching a cric when i was there :)
Kickass price on that. I believe they are called Huahini Bird Eaters or something like that.. Not too sure if that's the official common name, but you should be able to find some info. I hear that they are burrows, but not to the extent that your other Ts do. But, alas, this info is off the top of my head, so do some research on your own as well.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello and I have one that I bought a while back from Glades. I bought it under the common name of the Asian Giant Fawn. I can't show a picture because she stays in her web that she built. She can be quite aggresive and fast when she is out. But for most of it they stay underground like the Usambaras. I read that they do have a high venom so I wouldn't want to get bit. Just like the other guy said their abdomen is long and oval shaped and they have long legs.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a different Chilobrachys sp. that is sold here as the Asian Smokey. I've heard their care is similar. I gave mine several inches of substrate, though it prefers its webs to burrowing. I keep the humidity moderate and feed it once or twice a week. It's a great eater but seems to show a preference for roaches over other foods.

Good luck with yours.

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanx, great info all :)

Yep, i found the common name as Common Fawn Spider. Seems to be the least priced here, and i was lucky to get this one...

Supremely aggro thing, and it isnt shy about eating:)

Popped a cric in last nite, found a head and a bit more this morning...it was grooming itself on its floormat of web too.

Not yet set in the full substrate as i am having problems with the potting soil here and just obtained some vermiculite, so i will be doing a little soil research before completing the final housings for all my Ts.

Again, thanks to all of you for the info ;)