Anyone ever tried housing aphonopelma seemanis together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you might be the first, let us know how it goes, separate right away if you see altercation obviously
who knows until you try
if others flame, dont mind them
also you may want to keep two to start same size

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Have you ever heard of a phenomenon called making an 'educated guess'? That's when someone might not be able to give the outcome of a scenario based upon actually doing it themselves, but they can make an 'educated guess' at what the outcome will be based upon assessing all the factors that play into the outcome.
People try to make 'educated guesses' all the time for a number of reasons - one of the top ones being that it can often prevent you from making stupid, costly, and/or dangerous mistakes. Some people like to say those people making 'educated guesses' are haters, or flamers, or just don't have the guts to take chances... so, by all means, go ahead and see if that is the case.
I'm going to take an educated guess that trying to house this species together is not going to go too well and one is going to kill and eat the other.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Look I’m going to tell you straight up; if you put two A seemanni in one enclosure, you will end up with one fat spider. This is the same reason why divided cages never seem to work.

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with @EtienneN if you placed sac mates with each other you might get away with it for a while but introducing two ts that have grown up independent from one another will absolutely end up in disaster

GreenGoblin

Arachnopeon
Snapchat-49366759.jpg If they are Male and female would that make any difference I've already put them in the enclosure they seem to have no interest in each other as of now this is the setup and the T's

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If they are Male and female would that make any difference
You don't know there sex and you put them together? Even if they were a breeding pair, the "male" isn't even mature and will likely get eaten before he can reach the Mature male stage.

I thought you were crazy, but I didn't actually believe you were this uneducated in this hobby. Should've done research and debates on "social" tarantulas. This is something someone on the Facebook Tarantula Community would do and it's absurd. The flip side is after one devours the other, we can link this thread to future threads for people who are wanting results of experimenting with communals. Keep us updated, as I'm 99% certain I know whats going to happen when they actually meet one another within 24-72 hours.

I smell disaster very easily. A. seemanni don't do too good on settling down to rehouses so they'll be roaming around for a bit and possibly eat each other in 24-72 hours if they come in contact with one another. But it'll be interesting to see how many hours or days they'll last.

Are you trying to breed them?!
He doesn't even know there sex. :rolleyes:

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Male and female will be even worse. This species in particular wanders quite a lot at night(I'd use to stay up late watching my female with a dim flashlight as she crawled around her enclosure) and a mature male will look around for a female. As soon as she or he finds each other, one of them will get eaten, most likely the male. If she's not receptive to his advances than he's a goner. If he somehow escapes he has nowhere to hide and he'll eventually be hunted down. If one of them molts out in the open or in the burrow the other could find them and have themselves a nice easy meal. This is a recipe for disaster and I'd just keep them separate. Also, if by some stroke of luck they successfully copulate and the male survives and manages to stay hidden from the female, I don't think she'd be too happy about him wandering around near her eggs/babies. Also, even if the eggs hatch and babies emerge, he will start eating them. Every possible situation I can think of only ends in disaster.

GreenGoblin

Arachnopeon
They are Male and Female the question was if that made
You don't know there sex and you put them together? Even if they were a breeding pair, the "male" isn't even mature and will likely get eaten before he can reach the Mature male stage.

I thought you were crazy, but I didn't actually believe you were this uneducated in this hobby. Should've done research and debates on "social" tarantulas. This is something someone on the Facebook Tarantula Community would do and it's absurd. The flip side is after one devours the other, we can link this thread to future threads for people who are wanting results of experimenting with communals. Keep us updated, as I'm 99% certain I know whats going to happen when they actually meet one another within 24-72 hours.

I smell disaster very easily. A. seemanni don't do too good on settling down to rehouses so they'll be roaming around for a bit and possibly eat each other in 24-72 hours if they come in contact with one another. But it'll be interesting to see how many hours or days they'll last.

He doesn't even know there sex. :rolleyes:
They are Male and female I'm watching the Male roam now but they have crossed paths I've been watching them for a couple hours nothing's happened they both found their own burrows and have taken to them have any of you tried to house this species together before? Just wandering and they are Male and Female. Not here to argue just wanted to know if anyone has attempted it before

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
They are Male and female I'm watching the Male roam now but they have crossed paths I've been watching them for a couple hours nothing's happened they both found their own burrows and have taken to them have any of you tried to house this species together before? Just wandering and they are Male and Female. Not here to argue just wanted to know if anyone has attempted it before
No one has attempted communals ever for any Aphonopelma species out there. There has been no scientific research on communal tarantulas ever, so as of the moment there is no true communal species. The male isn't mature so why try to co-habitat an immature male with a female? How large are your specimens?

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
No one has attempted communals ever for any Aphonopelma species out there. There has been no scientific research on communal tarantulas ever, so as of the moment there is no true communal species. The male isn't mature so why try to co-habitat an immature male with a female? How large are your specimens?
Watch this dude discover the first real communal species :rofl::pompous:

But really why even try? Buy a super cheap tub and put one in that. Keep both of those beautiful Ts and don't even risk it.
(I don't know how to make this section to the person that posted.)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Where did this guy come from? This is one very small step up from those gratuitous cruelty 'Animal Fighting' scenarios that stupid and cruel people take part in. Why is this even being allowed to stay here?

ghostly

Arachnopeon
You're trolling, right?
Seperate them. Get two tubs, they're cheap and don't take up more space than that enclosure.
I cannot fathom why someone would perform a potentially lethal experiment like this on animals in their care. They're not toys for you to play with.
I still think this is trolling though. For god's sake, get a grip.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
View attachment 319810 If they are Male and female would that make any difference I've already put them in the enclosure they seem to have no interest in each other as of now this is the setup and the T's
tank size look good to me, if you have not seen them go ape <edit> (like some other species that will not tolerate one another is stirmi and they get pretty upset immediately and if they are not chasing /harassing one another
and yet then i think it would be interesting, same size too
you just need two big hides or many more hiding spots, one each far corner, half cork bark each end for example

its funny you guys that are flaming
when certain species can co exist, i dont even like the word communal, there are many examples. some may have not seen ts in the wild, there are sympatric species all over the world.

a friend traveled to type location for devamatha burrows of juvies and adults were very close to another

i will just stop commenting, good luck and please keep us posted

forgot to mention, that same friend who travels to see ts in the wild, went to vietnam, sent me a video of big ass burrow horizontal style, when he ticked the burrow, two very large H. schmidti came darting out. perhaps they stayed together since slings who knows but as you can see with 100s of species out there we do not know much and wont know if someone decides to experiment with any precautions in mind. not just pokies, balfouri, chicken spiders, some Orphnaecus can be 'communal'

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.