Anyone ever had crazy T dreams?

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I had a dream the somebody was made into a god and then turned everything into tarantulas. My hair became webbing, my eyes N. incei, my make a became P. metallicas and my skin disintegrated into various slings all over the course of several hours.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I always dream that I have to rescue tarantulas from weird places like the edge of roller coaster tracks or airports but every time I get one safely in an enclosure another one pops into existence in pretty much the same spot. It’s interesting and frustrating at the same time.

Hedge Witch

Arachnopeon
I sometimes have dreams that answer some question that has been plaguing me. The latest was related to enclosure temperatures in a vivarium. They were consistently below 70F despite the temperature in the room being regulated at 78F. In the dream I stuck an old mercury thermometer in the pond, waited a few & it read 19C. I suddenly awoke & addled with sleep couldn't make the conversion so asked, "Alexa, what's nineteen Celsius in fahrenheit?" after a pause she returned, "Nineteen Celsius is sixty-six degrees fahrenheit." o_O

Turns out the temperature probe in the room was about four feet off the floor & down where the reservoir was located was quite a bit cooler. Mystery solved.

Sometimes my dreams are a bit...stranger & quite vivid.

In the most recent I found myself in a silk-lined tunnel studded with phosphorescent fungus that oozed a gentle cyan light adequate to make out my immediate surroundings. Of course, this is a dream so rather than scrambling back the other direction as any sensible person would do I crept forward. After some distance & a rather circuitous route the tunnel ended in an oval of darkness beyond which I could see a cluster of the helpful fungus on a tree.

Good sense conspicuously absent I stepped through the opening to a chorus of scurrying & scraping sounds from all sides. Foolishly fearless I continued to walk towards the tree with its meager pool of light, but the ground was curiously ungiving. My eyes adjusting somewhat from the comparative brightness of the tunnel I was relieved that I could make out dots of light at the periphery of my vision, as my eyes fully acclimated to the dark I looked up & stopped dead in my tracks. The sky was filled with cyan stars. Hurriedly looking back down I ran to the tree now a short distance away, sending rocks skipping & renewing the sussurus of movement somewhere in the dark. It was no tree, but an enormous column of slick stone & the realization fully hit me that I was not in a forest but in an impossibly large cavern, its floor studded with stalagmites.

One hand on the stone in front of me I made my way around the side until I was directly below the fungal bloom. Ahead there was another bloom on the left, farther away one to the right & so on into the distance. A path? Playing the part of Parsival I made my way from one to another, willfully oblivious to whatever danger may lurk in the dark. After traveling some distance the stone forest thinned & I no longer paid any attention to the way points, setting my course towards a cyan dawn on the horizon.

The light was coming from an enormous stalagmite in the form of a conical pyramid, curtains of web incorporating the phosphorescent fungus stretched hither & yon & a web tube led to the base of the pyramid. Great spiders were everywhere busy, but paid no attention to me. Inside the stalagmite it had a human touch & a was carved in the baroque style with, of course, a spider motif. Passing through a collonade I entered upon a chamber whose ceiling & edges were lost in darkness but in whose floor was incised an orb weaver web lit from below with the now familiar blue-green glow.

Into the spider's web I went until I stood in the center at which point from all four quarters there appeared four great tarantulas. Turning their spinnerets towards me they circled around in unison weaving a web tube around me, then all four advanced to the edges of the incised web & assumed a defensive posture & began stridulating. Only able to see very faintly through the web tube rising around me my eyes were directed up where I could see the tips of their legs in defensive posture & out of the murk in the ceiling descended the pallid face of a woman, quickly followed by her torso. She hung there a moment & I thought her abs looked strange until I realized they were coxae, & as she continued her descent eight legs & an obsidian opisthoma emerged suspended on a single thread of silk. In a flash she descended upon me & there I awoke.

Told you it was weird. o_O
Dude, sounds like the great mother spider responsible for weaving the cosmos.

Your writing is a wonder to take in. I'd love to know what you've been reading to inspire such creative wordsmithery.

I had a crazy dream, nothing like HybridReplicate. That would be cool as, more like Leila.

There was something else in my realm of imagination, like a disincarnate entity. Present but not physically there, there were spiders everywhere and I was trying to put them into enclosures and stack them up. They were being given to me so fast, but it's like I was handed them and each time I was told what it was. I ended up putting s bunch of them in the same enclosure with a couple of scorpions. They weren't fighting but I could sense trouble, it was like a Mexican standoff. i was starting to panic as the stack of enclosures grew higher and higher and I kept worrying about the first enclosure that I'd put too many in together but I couldn't keep up with all the specimens I was being given. It was like I was building this library with no end to it.when I bred snakes I used to have similar dreams, vivariums bursting at the seams packed with snakes. This may sound crazy, but with all the environmental destruction going on I do feel like I'm saving these creatures.

I always dream that I have to rescue tarantulas from weird places like the edge of roller coaster tracks or airports but every time I get one safely in an enclosure another one pops into existence in pretty much the same spot. It’s interesting and frustrating at the same time.
That's a very similar narrative to mine, I just can't do enough. It's frustrating but strangely rewarding for the ones I do save. It's a calling I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marika

Arachnoangel
I had a dream where I suddenly realized I have an AF A. seemanni even though I couldn't remember buying her. I spent a long time just watching her, she was so pretty.

I also had a dream where I met @basin79 and he sold me a T, lol. Can't remember the species...

basin79

ArachnoGod
I had a dream where I suddenly realized I have an AF A. seemanni even though I couldn't remember buying her. I spent a long time just watching her, she was so pretty.

I also had a dream where I met @basin79 and he sold me a T, lol. Can't remember the species...
If I've entered your dreams it's time to seek professional help.

Liam52

Arachnopeon
I had a dream the other day about a T. stirmi. I don’t own one but anyways it was basically like “Little Shop of Horrors” but instead of a giant plant it was a giant Goliath Birdeater that lived in a web in the corner of my room. It constantly yelled at me to feed it and I pretty much just started throwing my other pets at it. After 2 cats, a hedgehog, 2 dogs, and 4 T’s I suppose he’d had enough and then I woke up in a cold sweat

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
I just have T disaster dreams. Somethings breaking or falling or tipping over. If it's not that it's molts.....weird.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Last night I dreamt I had a rather odd stack of large glass enclosures inside of a giant bird cage, we had a family friend who I despise over and in the largest tank was this massive freshly molted obt who was chilling out on the side of the wall next to the sliding glass front. The family friend first asked about the venom level of the obt and I explained that it couldnt bite you even if it tried to rn because its fangs were still essentially jelly. He seemed amused at this fact and I went to help my mum with dinner, I heard a commotion and quickly came into the room where the large bird cage was and found the family friend, who we will call A Right Richard, trying to coax the obt down from the wall of the enclosure. It did this sort of erratic bolt-jump and I had a go at A R Richard telling him to get out and leave it alone, that a fall at this point is deadly and that hes a complete idiot for even touching the cage. He laughed me off silly nilly and walked off to talk so someone who I cant quite remember hanging around in the background. I returned to cooking and serving up what was now desert and not the mince pie I was previously preparing the filling for and as I brought it into the front room, there Richard was, holding a freshly molted obt by its abdomen. I absolutely freaked out and everyone kept telling me to calm down, that I was over reacting and everytime I tried to get the T from him he would hold its abdomen tighter until it curled up and somehow managed to bite him with the supposedly jelly fangs(Dreams are weird and not confined to the laws of reality). As Richard wailed in pain he crushed the obts abdomen and threw it to the ground, where everyone screamed thinking it would hurt them, and I woke up.
I hope I never have a dream like this again and will never trust A R Richard near my Ts.

ghostly

Arachnopeon
My dreams are very fear-based, so it's mostly some irrationally dramatic stuff like, one of my Ts escaping, leaving the apartment, turning up in the neighbours living room and him calling the cops on me for keeping spiders /landlord kicking me out etc.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
I have dreams of my Ts molting, and me sexing them. Or of me getting like 10 new Ts!! And I'm super excited....and then I wake up..... :bucktooth:

Other than that my dreams are odd.

Plucking chicken feathers in my living room and then blasting off melting through the floor and then I fall in total darkness, just to wake up in a random bathroom talking to my dad even though he has my mom's voice and I truly believe that it's her.

Yeah my dreams are pointless.
Or disappointing when it comes to tarantulas. :rofl:

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
I had a dream of a woman screaming as she molted into a tarantula.
WOW! That's an intense visual

I watched The Secret of Nimh the other night. I had a dream that night that all my Phidippus learned how to escape their enclosures and ate my T slings, then killed each other.

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
Couple weeks ago my first G. Pulchra went on its back so I got excited, but for a whole day no movements.
The next morning I dreamed about it molting and moving around again, woke up and rushed to the enlcosure, only to find it being completely lifeless for next 2 days. :(

Jororo

Arachnopeon
I often dream that I've brought home a large amount of critters, usually from an expo, and everything is super awesome until I wake up and realize it's not real