Anyone ever had crazy T dreams?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Ya know how we sometimes have those stressful work dreams...the ones where everything seems to be going haywire and nothing assuages that feeling of dissonance??

You guys know the ones.

Have any of you ever had dreams like that about your tarantulas?

The one I had last night: Mold was permeating my T room. I mean, it was climbing the walls like an infestation of ivy. Mold on the ceiling, the carpet, on the ceiling fan, inside the T enclosures. Lol. So freakin stressful!!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I've had a few dreams where my Ts were eating each other and I couldn't stop them. :(

I assume that's just some kind of anxiety dream. It's weird what our brains produce sometimes.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I've had a few dreams where my Ts were eating each other and I couldn't stop them. :(

I assume that's just some kind of anxiety dream. It's weird what our brains produce sometimes.
Oh no! Good thing it was all a dream. :)

I am pretty sure my "mold mayhem" dream stemmed from my fear of not providing Zoe with enough (or Too Much) heat and humidity. Oh dreams! Haha

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I once had a dream that my 2 inch G. pulchripes had gotten all the way to the size of my hand in one molt. That was actually a good dream now that I think about it

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I've had so many dreams pertaining to my tarantulas that it would take way too long to list them

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Oh yes all the time. I have dreams that they somehow go to work with me and I have to spend all day trying to find them and making sure people don't see them, but they're also always ten times bigger in my dreams than they are IRL.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Oh yes all the time. I have dreams that they somehow go to work with me and I have to spend all day trying to find them and making sure people don't see them, but they're also always ten times bigger in my dreams than they are IRL.
:rofl:

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
Kind of funny that this is mentioned because I've dreamed about 1) losing my job and 2) invertebrates exactly 3 nights in a row.

The first one didn't involve a tarantula, but a centipede-like invert. It would bite through any enclosure you would give it: plastic, paper, metal. It kept escaping and no enclosure could contain it.

My second dream involved me having two tarantulas: one of an unknown species, and oddly enough, an OBT. The OBT bit me on my waist and my arm, felt like a strong domestic cat bite.

The third dream involved me wanting a G. pulchra and not being able to find one anywhere. :(

Magenta

Arachnosquire
Yes! I have recurring dreams about my Ts escaping.

In the last one, all of my Ts were at my mom's house in one clear, plastic rubbermaid type drawer. I was freaking out, trying to get them out before they started killing each other. I asked my dad for help(aside from my husband, he was the only person who would be comfortable with this). As we were getting them out one by one, my A. metallica fell onto my sister's back. We got all of them into catch cups.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
The only one I can remember was that I had a N. chromatus housed with an I. hirsutum and they ate each other.

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
I sometimes have dreams that answer some question that has been plaguing me. The latest was related to enclosure temperatures in a vivarium. They were consistently below 70F despite the temperature in the room being regulated at 78F. In the dream I stuck an old mercury thermometer in the pond, waited a few & it read 19C. I suddenly awoke & addled with sleep couldn't make the conversion so asked, "Alexa, what's nineteen Celsius in fahrenheit?" after a pause she returned, "Nineteen Celsius is sixty-six degrees fahrenheit." o_O

Turns out the temperature probe in the room was about four feet off the floor & down where the reservoir was located was quite a bit cooler. Mystery solved.

Sometimes my dreams are a bit...stranger & quite vivid.

In the most recent I found myself in a silk-lined tunnel studded with phosphorescent fungus that oozed a gentle cyan light adequate to make out my immediate surroundings. Of course, this is a dream so rather than scrambling back the other direction as any sensible person would do I crept forward. After some distance & a rather circuitous route the tunnel ended in an oval of darkness beyond which I could see a cluster of the helpful fungus on a tree.

Good sense conspicuously absent I stepped through the opening to a chorus of scurrying & scraping sounds from all sides. Foolishly fearless I continued to walk towards the tree with its meager pool of light, but the ground was curiously ungiving. My eyes adjusting somewhat from the comparative brightness of the tunnel I was relieved that I could make out dots of light at the periphery of my vision, as my eyes fully acclimated to the dark I looked up & stopped dead in my tracks. The sky was filled with cyan stars. Hurriedly looking back down I ran to the tree now a short distance away, sending rocks skipping & renewing the sussurus of movement somewhere in the dark. It was no tree, but an enormous column of slick stone & the realization fully hit me that I was not in a forest but in an impossibly large cavern, its floor studded with stalagmites.

One hand on the stone in front of me I made my way around the side until I was directly below the fungal bloom. Ahead there was another bloom on the left, farther away one to the right & so on into the distance. A path? Playing the part of Parsival I made my way from one to another, willfully oblivious to whatever danger may lurk in the dark. After traveling some distance the stone forest thinned & I no longer paid any attention to the way points, setting my course towards a cyan dawn on the horizon.

The light was coming from an enormous stalagmite in the form of a conical pyramid, curtains of web incorporating the phosphorescent fungus stretched hither & yon & a web tube led to the base of the pyramid. Great spiders were everywhere busy, but paid no attention to me. Inside the stalagmite it had a human touch & a was carved in the baroque style with, of course, a spider motif. Passing through a collonade I entered upon a chamber whose ceiling & edges were lost in darkness but in whose floor was incised an orb weaver web lit from below with the now familiar blue-green glow.

Into the spider's web I went until I stood in the center at which point from all four quarters there appeared four great tarantulas. Turning their spinnerets towards me they circled around in unison weaving a web tube around me, then all four advanced to the edges of the incised web & assumed a defensive posture & began stridulating. Only able to see very faintly through the web tube rising around me my eyes were directed up where I could see the tips of their legs in defensive posture & out of the murk in the ceiling descended the pallid face of a woman, quickly followed by her torso. She hung there a moment & I thought her abs looked strange until I realized they were coxae, & as she continued her descent eight legs & an obsidian opisthoma emerged suspended on a single thread of silk. In a flash she descended upon me & there I awoke.

Told you it was weird. o_O

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I sometimes have dreams that answer some question that has been plaguing me. The latest was related to enclosure temperatures in a vivarium. They were consistently below 70F despite the temperature in the room being regulated at 78F. In the dream I stuck an old mercury thermometer in the pond, waited a few & it read 19C. I suddenly awoke & addled with sleep couldn't make the conversion so asked, "Alexa, what's nineteen Celsius in fahrenheit?" after a pause she returned, "Nineteen Celsius is sixty-six degrees fahrenheit." o_O

Turns out the temperature probe in the room was about four feet off the floor & down where the reservoir was located was quite a bit cooler. Mystery solved.

In the most recent I found myself in a silk-lined tunnel studded with phosphorescent fungus that oozed a gentle cyan light adequate to make out my immediate surroundings. Of course, this is a dream so rather than scrambling back the other direction as any sensible person would do I crept forward. After some distance & a rather circuitous route the tunnel ended in an oval of darkness beyond which I could see a cluster of the helpful fungus on a tree.

Good sense conspicuously absent I stepped through the opening to a chorus of scurrying & scraping sounds from all sides. Foolishly fearless I continued to walk towards the tree with its meager pool of light, but the ground was curiously ungiving. My eyes adjusting somewhat from the comparative brightness of the tunnel I was relieved that I could make out dots of light at the periphery of my vision, as my eyes fully acclimated to the dark I looked up & stopped dead in my tracks. The sky was filled with cyan stars. Hurriedly looking back down I ran to the tree now a short distance away, sending rocks skipping & renewing the sussurus of movement somewhere in the dark. It was no tree, but an enormous column of slick stone & the realization fully hit me that I was not in a forest but in an impossibly large cavern, its floor studded with stalagmites.

One hand on the stone in front of me I made my way around the side until I was directly below the fungal bloom. Ahead there was another bloom on the left, farther away one to the right & so on into the distance. A path? Playing the part of Parsival I made my way from one to another, willfully oblivious to whatever danger may lurk in the dark. After traveling some distance the stone forest thinned & I no longer paid any attention to the way points, setting my course towards a cyan dawn on the horizon.

The light was coming from an enormous stalagmite in the form of a conical pyramid, curtains of web incorporating the phosphorescent fungus stretched hither & yon & a web tube led to the base of the pyramid. Great spiders were everywhere busy, but paid no attention to me. Inside the stalagmite it had a human touch & a was carved in the baroque style with, of course, a spider motif. Passing through a collonade I entered upon a chamber whose ceiling & edges were lost in darkness but in whose floor was incised an orb weaver web lit from below with the now familiar blue-green glow.

Into the spider's web I went until I stood in the center at which point from all four quarters there appeared four great tarantulas. Turning their spinnerets towards me they circled around in unison weaving a web tube around me, then all four advanced to the edges of the incised web & assumed a defensive posture & began stridulating. Only able to see very faintly through the web tube rising around me my eyes were directed up where I could see the tips of their legs in defensive posture & out of the murk in the ceiling descended the pallid face of a woman, quickly followed by her torso. She hung there a moment & I thought her abs looked strange until I realized they were coxae, & as she continued her descent eight legs & an obsidian opisthoma emerged suspended on a single thread of silk. In a flash she descended upon me & there I awoke.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight

@HybridReplicate please write a novel. I would totally buy one. Seriously. :)
Seriously!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The only Tarantula related dream I've had involved my B. albopilosum escaping and me accidentally killing her :arghh::bigtears::(

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I have dreams sometimes that I have forgotten to feed or provide water for mine and they are dying. I also had a dream one time that a T's water dish turned over and filled the whole enclosure full of water