Anyone else thinking gravid?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Hard to tell. I have some Ts that have not been paired, and some that are males, that are just as fat...

I can't tell anymore. My female S. rubronitens that is supposed to be bred looks HUGE and still larger and larger... but no sac. She's either gravid or obese.

I tried shining a light on her, but she's isn't handle-able and I couldn't tell anything. Have you tried to candle your little rosea here?

Marga

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
She does have a big bum, but it's hard to tell. I have some like this that haven't been bred, just eat really well. Nice t :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like premolt to me. The top of her abdomen (closer to her carapace) looks dark.

So, to me, I say she is in premolt.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't tell anymore. My female S. rubronitens that is supposed to be bred looks HUGE and still larger and larger... but no sac. She's either gravid or obese.
the person Who I got my s. Rubronitens from says that she lays a phantom egg sac every molt cycle. Maybe yours is getting ready to lay a phantom egg sac.

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hope she is not getting to molt. I have been breeding her for a year and a half now. She molted out the last two times. She was already mature when I got her. And I'm pretty sure my MM will start to "age" he has been going strong for a year and half now.

I will candle her tonight. If I just shine a light on her abdomen, and if its yellow-ish she's gravid, is that how to candle?

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
+1 on the moulting, you can see a dark spot on the abdomen.

Mine had the same look to it, and then it moulted out male lol.