Anyone else notice this.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe I just have an especially aggressive p ornata (not defensive I know the difference and in this particular case I would say aggressive). Anyway alot of time when I am near my two 3-4 inch p ornatas they will rear up aggressively at me and bare their fangs. As I have watched them get older I have noticed more and more of this. Especially the bigger one. It is kinda funny because of the weirdness and scary at the same time because of the damage this odd behavior could do to me one day when I am not being carefu enough. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Maybe I just have an especially aggressive p ornata (not defensive I know the difference and in this particular case I would say aggressive). Anyway alot of time when I am near my two 3-4 inch p ornatas they will rear up aggressively at me and bare their fangs. As I have watched them get older I have noticed more and more of this. Especially the bigger one. It is kinda funny because of the weirdness and scary at the same time because of the damage this odd behavior could do to me one day when I am not being carefu enough. Anyone else experience anything like this?
My adult P.ornata was quite "defensive". I wouldn't say what you described as being "aggressive". I have seen an S.cal that would hunt when it's enclosure was opened and leap toward "freedom" fangs out, that's "aggressive" in my honest opinion.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My adult P.ornata was quite "defensive". I wouldn't say what you described as being "aggressive". I have seen an S.cal that would hunt when it's enclosure was opened and leap toward "freedom" fangs out, that's "aggressive" in my honest opinion.
I geuse your right. From his position he was just defending himself from some big mammal too big to eat. Lol.

jgod790

Arachnoknight
Its not unusual for tarantulas to get more defensive/aggresive as they get older. Just ALWAYS expect and prepare for the WORST possible situation, whenever you have to open the enclosure to feed, or add water, or clean or whatever.