Anyone else have a nasty C. fasciatum?

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My goodness, my girl (juvenile) is unpleasant. She's laid a layer of web over everything, and goes beserk when I try to remove her water dish to wash and fill it. Comes out slapping and kicking. Anyone else, or am I just lucky?

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As a younger spiderling, mine used to slap and was very nervous. Now it's mellowing and actually becoming as close to what you could call 'friendly' in a spider. I think it's got a 'curious' nature. It likes to investigate what's going on, lol. Like if I open the lid, it will definitely notice, and sometimes come around to be on alert of what's happening, but it isn't really slappy anymore and is slightly less flighty.

Dal

Arachnopeon
i have a subadult female that you could confuse with a G.rosea in temprament ;D

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The C. pentalore is very similar to the C. faciatum, but is more deffensive, and is a little smaller in size. You might actually have a pentalore. I thought my tiger rump was a fasciatum till I compared its spemathacae.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My girl is very defensive. Has been 100 times worse since she made a phantom eggsac and I had to take it away from her. I caught her biting one of the plastic leafs in her enclosure like a rabid dog, glad it wasn't my hand. LOL

Nick

Arachnopeon
My adult female is comparable to a P. murinus. except for the fact that instead of running into it's retreat(s) it tends to want to run out of the cage. they are a beautiful spider!!

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
I don't know that nasty is the right word... I would call mine spastic, maybe. They have a lot of interesting webbing, stay out a lot, and are very pretty which is what I like about them. They used to run laps around the inside of the container occasionally when doing cage maintenance. They've settled down though. :D

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What I'm wondering is how one gets a tarantula back out of their mouth, if it decides to stay there?

seconded,

also the water dish thing, go to your local drug store, and ask for one of those medicine syringes (no needle its for liquid medicine) I use them to refill the dishes with out disturbing them

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nasty?? Ummm YUP

Mine are just down right angry. Although this was a mating attempt, this is the true picture of the attitude. Ok, so I'm going to let everyone in on a small secret, this video was taken when I thought I had a male and female :) Well, they ended up being both males lol Ok, go ahead, let it all out. I've laughted at myself for quite a while. But, I have to say, my REAL female is actually less defensive then my males.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=EuCEOlJQZBs

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine has always been more skittish than anything else. She'll just bolt for her burrow and disappear with maybe a farewell cloud of U-hairs for good measure.

@Kaydyn: Cheers, that really made me chuckle! (sorry :8o)

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine has always been more skittish than anything else. She'll just bolt for her burrow and disappear with maybe a farewell cloud of U-hairs for good measure.

@Kaydyn: Cheers, that really made me chuckle! (sorry :8o)
No reason to be sorry ;) It makes me laugh too.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Mine are just down right angry. Although this was a mating attempt, this is the true picture of the attitude. Ok, so I'm going to let everyone in on a small secret, this video was taken when I thought I had a male and female :) Well, they ended up being both males lol Ok, go ahead, let it all out. I've laughted at myself for quite a while. But, I have to say, my REAL female is actually less defensive then my males.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=EuCEOlJQZBs
I think you gave us the wrong link for the video :confused: