Anyone else have a mass die off recently

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
If anyone has any ideas on what happened to any of us in this boat please speak up any help would surely be appreciated. I lost 180 platymeris biguttatus between the time I left and when I returned maybe 4 hours. there was no significant change in temperature so I'm stumped as to what happened

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
???
Is there anything else that could have possibly been the cause besides temperature? I mean for such a huge die-off to occur...were they adults? Nymphs? Have pesticides been sprayed in the area recently?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
Pesticides may have been sprayed but they typically warn the neighborhood as many of us have a negative reaction to pesticides. Also I only lost the nymphs

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I can only think of chemicals as the culprit. Platymeris tend to share prey, so maybe you offered them a group of poisoned feeders and it kicked in and killed them all.

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
Then it was delayed as I last fed them a week ago today was supposed to be feeding day

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I saw the other day on FB about some contaminated feeder crickets. Are they eating crickets?

Transrights

Arachnosquire
I saw the other day on FB about some contaminated feeder crickets. Are they eating crickets?
They said the last time they ate was a week ago. Wouldn't it be very weird for them to be fine for a week and then all die within a 4 hour window, even if a feeder was contaminated with an agent?

@scorpanok Did you maybe move the enclosure recently? Not quite sure what temps these little guys can tolerate but direct sunlight could have sufficed to heat up the enclosure to deadly levels.

Because if it's neither pesticides nor contaminated food I'm at a loss.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
They said the last time they ate was a week ago. Wouldn't it be very weird for them to be fine for a week and then all die within a 4 hour window, even if a feeder was contaminated with an agent?
Not as weird as 180 insects dying all at one time. Maybe they drank the kool-aid.

scorpanok

Arachnoknight

@scorpanok Did you maybe move the enclosure recently? Not quite sure what temps these little guys can tolerate but direct sunlight could have sufficed to heat up the enclosure to deadly levels.

Because if it's neither pesticides nor contaminated food I'm at a loss.
They were in separate containers and not in direct sunlight. Can you see why I'm confused