Anyone coming across Dysdera?

Paleo-inverts

Arachnopeon
Has anyone been having luck coming across Dysdera crocata adults or slings at this time of year? I have two males maturing in captivity, reared from slings I collected earlier this year but am not finding others outside here in Berkeley, CA. I really want to breed these males and am hoping to find at least a female or two soon. However, I am not sure where to look with all the rain and flooding in my area- any tips on where I might be able to find or get some?

Ranitomeya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You will want to look under logs and rocks that are in areas not prone to flooding and heavy runoff. I tend to find them between stacked bricks and stonework this time of year. I also find them underneath loose bark on logs.

Paleo-inverts

Arachnopeon
Thanks! That's really helpful- I have access to a warehouse with tons of wood and bricks out back so will check those potential hides.

You will want to look under logs and rocks that are in areas not prone to flooding and heavy runoff. I tend to find them between stacked bricks and stonework this time of year. I also find them underneath loose bark on logs.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I see dead adults in my backyard all the time. It always frustrates me because I want to catch those spiders the most but all I see are dead ones! The one time I did catch one alive was when out of pure luck I flipped over a boulder (moderately sized lol) and there was an adult under it. It died within 48 hours :/ Like wat.

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
Has anyone been having luck coming across Dysdera crocata adults or slings at this time of year? I have two males maturing in captivity, reared from slings I collected earlier this year but am not finding others outside here in Berkeley, CA. I really want to breed these males and am hoping to find at least a female or two soon. However, I am not sure where to look with all the rain and flooding in my area- any tips on where I might be able to find or get some?
I just found one today actually! I wasn't expecting it at all but i was searching for some isopods, and just as i pried open a peice of decaying wood i saw a very young specimen, it's mine now

Veles

Arachnobaron
I dont seem to be able to find any of them in my yard,they were there in past few years but then they suddenly poofed out of existance.This is probably dy to increased predation upon them by S.blackwalli,given that i have found a few of them eating woodlouse spiders about a year and a half ago.