Anyone captively breeding Peucetia Viridans?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just curious if anyone has ever attempted to captively breed the green lynx? Any luck with it?

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have not bred them, but have raised the slings on fruit flies over the winter to 1/2-5/8" size. They stayed communal with minimal losses up to that size.

If you have two of opposite sex, I'd set up a tank with a lot of fake plants and release the male and then the female into the tank. Make sure the female is well fed prior to putting them together.

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just introduced a male on Saturday and he went straight to gettin jiggy wit it......it appeared to be a success since the female was hot to trot and willing.

He then retreated to the other side of the 5 gal tank. I checked up on them about two hours later and he had become dinner. I will keep you updated.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just introduced a male on Saturday and he went straight to gettin jiggy wit it......it appeared to be a success since the female was hot to trot and willing.

He then retreated to the other side of the 5 gal tank. I checked up on them about two hours later and he had become dinner. I will keep you updated.
Be sure to keep the updates coming, I like the way this spider looks and would like to get some later, and hopefully achieve a couple sacs myself...