Anyone breed N. chromatus??

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i attempted to pair up my N. chromatus last night. i fed them up real good beforehand. i have actually been feeding my female all she can eat for over a week now. i put the male in the opposite end of her house. The both sat still for quite some time. Then out of no where she chased him and he was up and over the top. He stayed on the side for a while and at first looked like he was starting to drum. Maybe he was trembling in fear... LOL. My girl is evil!! :evil:

What can i or should i have done differently. There is only one breeding report for this species and that pair was left to cohabitate. i don't think that is an ideal solution for this pair.

My female molted on 6/20

The male molted just recently and made his last sperm web on 8/25

Any suggestions?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Thanks for your reply as well. i'll definately expand my search to those sites and give them a try. The male is currently working on another sperm web as i write this and the female is hanging off the top of her enclosure (his is on top). Maybe i'll give them another try tonight?? Until i can find some information i'll just make sure the guy has plenty of room to run!!