Any unique ways of keeping your T's food?

Barons

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

Looking for some cool ways to keep all the extra pets you feed to your T's. I've always liked feeding silk worms to my lizards because they don't make noise like crickets do. Plus they seems to be healthy. I'm guessing they are also good for T's. I think they will be fine while the T is a ling but once she starts getting bigger I don't think they are going to be worth her time. Silk worms are pretty small.

So are there any types of feeder you use that isn't such a pain to keep? In my experience with crickets they are a pain... and loud, nasty, cannibals. =( They are also good at escaping and getting all over your house. Plus I've heard that they nibble on your pets (At least lizards) if left in over night and it's never easy to find them and get them back out.

hehe got a bit carried away there. Never really liked crickets if you can't tell =P but anyway Feeders that are not a pain or ways to make T food less annoying?

Cheers

babypiggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
feeder roaches are not bad
the popular b.dubia do not climg glass and once u get your colony going they produce like crazy

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The search function will offer a number of answers for this question...

Barons

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The search function will offer a number of answers for this question...
Maybe but how would I know if that info is outdated? =P I really do use the search on occasion but I've been out of work for a few months and it's almost 3am so talk to me damit! :D

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i like b dubia cause they grow like crazy and are easy to maintain i have a huge colony and all of my lizards love them so do my t's and the neat thing is if you have a colony going you can have roaches ranging in size for tarantulas

Barons

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice, This sounds like a good way to go. I'm going to do some research on making a colony.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
too bad you don't live in colorado i'd give you a starter colony lol

Lolita

Arachnoknight
yeah they are way easier than crickets i used to raise crickets for a while but they annoyed me endlessly so back when i was breeding bearded dragons i just fed the whole colony and bought a small colony now i have 2 colonies which will be split to 3 tomorrow and a rough estament of 3,000 roaches granted thats cause i split them if you don't want yours that big you just don't split the colonies like i did but it's awesome i feed over a hundred roaches a week to various critters without worry of running out of feeders or money

Barons

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice!!! That's sweet.

So the reproducing slows down when the start getting to crowded?

I guess I'll figure this out once I get a colony going but the guides I've found don't really go into detail about cleaning. Do you have any tips on making it less of a chore? Its pretty nice that you only have to do it every few months.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
typically as far as cleaning goes have a spare bin to put all your roaches in (which usually come off with the egg cartons) then collect stragglers from the bottom take a shop vac vaccuum out the grossness return everything back and viola insta clean roach house i have never had mold or mite outbreaks in my colony and thats what i do and yeah it seems they utlilize more space for more procreation in my experience so the bigger the container the bigger the colony will get from what i've seen