Any tips on the A.Versicolor

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey i am looking for any tips on how to keep my A.Versicolor healthy that I am getting next week. I have read Care Sheets but I would also like personal opinions on how to keep them. I am getting a spiderling (1/2")

Last edited:

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
rosehaired

The caresheets probably say that slings are difficult to keep because of the humidity/ventilation issue. I have not found this to be the case at all. I have kept a few and have found them to be easy to keep.
I spray them when they need it and give them some ventilation by drilling holes in the small food jars I use for them.
Just give them something to climb on and web against and you will be ok.

Try this thread
CLICK HERE

Chid

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Well with my 1/2" Versicolor I have her in a small vial that she has webbed up quite nicely. I dont mist in the vial because she will get her liquid from the crickets she eats. I have about 6 decent sized holes in the top that she definately cant get through. Ventilation with them is more important then the humidity issue. Its surprisingly easy to keep them I toss in a tiny cricket once every 2 or 3 days and she gobbles it up pretty quickly. Good Luck with it.

Peace

TheDon

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I keep my Avic slings in a small vial. I keep the substrate moist for humidity and keep them fed well. Poke enough holes in the lid to where you don't have condensation building up inside the vial, if you have this, it is way too humid for the T.

I also think that Avic slings are easy to keep. Keep them warm and fed and they do great.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have a bunch of the little buggers. Right now, they are in deli cups (6 oz) with lots of tiny vent holes, and moist vermiculite on the bottom to help with humidity. They tend to make webbing on the lid, making feeding time difficult!
They are good eaters, and I keep them in a room that is approx 80 degrees.
They are fast growers, and I've found them to be hardier than I've heard about.