Any tips on catching carolina wolf spiders

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I know the whole go outside at night with a flashlight near you're face but I've had a hard time catching these things. Any tips... if not anyone know where one could buy one. Thanks in advance

at32

Arachnopeon
I usually find them by mistake while millipede hunting. I see them most often under tree limbs and leaf piles. Actually, picking up a pile of leaves and dumping them into a clear bin is a great way to find them... I accidentally introduced one into my community tank this way (now i'm stumped on how to get rid of it. They give me the heebie jeebies lol).

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I usually find them by mistake while millipede hunting. I see them most often under tree limbs and leaf piles. Actually, picking up a pile of leaves and dumping them into a clear bin is a great way to find them... I accidentally introduced one into my community tank this way (now i'm stumped on how to get rid of it. They give me the heebie jeebies lol).
Thanks for the help and to get a wolf spider out of your tank simply either put a cricket In and wait or wait till night time turn off the lights around the community tank. Our cell it's lured out you can simply pick it up or get it in a glass. These spiders are harmless and are actually pretty chill once they get used to where they are. If that doesn't work pick as many of the millipeeds out of the container as possible and simply replace the leaves.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Look for turrets. You can easily lure them out with a blade of grass. The trick is to not let them touch the grass or small twig.

DixonCyder

Arachnosquire
I know the whole go outside at night with a flashlight near you're face but I've had a hard time catching these things. Any tips... if not anyone know where one could buy one. Thanks in advance
Need me to mail you one?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
We have them everywhere here in Alabama. if you ever need any, I can catch a few when it warms up a bit.

DixonCyder

Arachnosquire
They can't climb glass... Use a pen or something and Chase it into a jar

DixonCyder

Arachnosquire
For real... I can't tell you where to look. I find them everywhere... But it's always after 3am... Instead of staying up, go to bed early and get up early. I tend to find them at the corner of ground and buildings gathering heat of it's chilly. Don't waste your time in the grass, catch the wanderers on the sidewalk. Super easy if it's big enough to cast a shadow

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
For real... I can't tell you where to look. I find them everywhere... But it's always after 3am... Instead of staying up, go to bed early and get up early. I tend to find them at the corner of ground and buildings gathering heat of it's chilly. Don't waste your time in the grass, catch the wanderers on the sidewalk. Super easy if it's big enough to cast a shadow
wow this thread is old but to answer your question go out at night put a flashlight up to your forehead youll see green glitters of light those are wold spider eyes from there just use that to catch them