Any tarantulas that should NOT be currently bred?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
It's sp. amazonica Jeff, it has not been characterized yet in publication, unless that revision is out. Is it??? If not, it's only a locality, a beautiful one too, and quite large for Avics.
Thank You. I guess I missed that. A lot of people are not including the correct label on them.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
So I got a few adult females I am ready to knock up. I am aware some of these tarantulas may be muddled up when it comes to genetics, name changes, and too many hybrids existing.

So I am asking what tarantulas should be put on hold when it comes to breeding?
A few examples from the Brachypelma comes to mind.
:anxious: Major cross genera and species alert!!:rolleyes:

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
I'd say the Nicaraguan B. albopilosum. Between @Exoskeleton Invertebrates and @Blue Jaye, there are 8 gravid females that we know of. The market is going to be flooded with those very soon. I wouldn't pair that species just for the sake of trying to get rid of them.
Ya I only paired them because no one would take the mm and I didn't want him to go to waste. Not a species I would generally breed. I also can't just sit and watch a male go to waste sigh.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Ya I only paired them because no one would take the mm and I didn't want him to go to waste. Not a species I would generally breed. I also can't just sit and watch a male go to waste sigh.
Hey, I'm not complaining, it just means that I'm buying some from you :p Easier than paying through the nose for shipping.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's one of the reasons my male is having lots of good sex. I'm hoping with at least two of my females to produce a sac for me. The rest of the females can just enjoy the sex they're getting from the male. The male will die happily no matter what.