Any riddle solvers around?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Well, the riddle is from the Mystery Box for May event from you know who.

I do not like getting a random tarantula first of all. I usually narrow it down as much as possible to the point where I exactly know what I am about to order.

I am very curious for this one, and I am trying to figure out what it is exactly.

It’s for OW - terrestrial / fossorial, 3/4”+

The riddle goes like this:

Classy Indian Dish

I'm a gorgeous Old one, from the mountains I hail
The country of origin, from which spices set sail.

Near my den, you smell the spices like turmeric and clove,
but my diet is strict, as I control pests up above.

My leg bands are bright and make me desired by the majority
and my ability to withstand climate makes the thermostat less a priority.

You won't be sad to have me in your collection.
I'm sure my vivid light colors will capture all the attention.

Now, ‘Classy Indian Dish’, ‘The country of origin, from which spices set sail’ part was where I thought this would be India, for India is the country with many spices. Thus my initial thought was Haploclastus devamatha for it is from India, but ‘my leg bands are bright’ got me off.

It may as well be any Cyriopagopus species for they have distinctive leg bands, but I do not think they are from India.

So with the origin of many spices set sail, and with distinctive leg bands, I then guessed for any Phormingochilus species. For they are from Indonesia where ‘cloves’ are native spices, and this species also has somewhat leg bands as well.

When mystery box is listed, it’s listed with actual tarantula’s size as well, and it has to be matched with tarantulas that are in stock.

So my final guess for this mystery box tarantula is:

Phormingochilus sp Akcaya 3/4”-1”.

Anybody else getting one from any mystery boxes? Any remarks on this guess anyone?

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Could it be a Pokie? I don't have any (as of yet) but don't they have leg bands and are endemic to India?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It’s for:

OW - terrestrial / fossorial, 3/4”+

Therefore it can’t be that.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Haplocosmia himalayana.

Akcaya's definitely won't take the cold.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
This was my first thought too.
Lol that's exactly what it is. H. himalayana is from India, is a fossorial, from the Himalayan mountains foothills, where it occasionally snows, and they have some large, white leg banding.

Xharyel

Arachnopeon
Yeah, this kind of events are fun. My good friend will be getting one (OW / Terrestrial), and from the poem she picked, we guessed it was Cyriopagopus lividus.

Wish someone would do something like this in Europe haha.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was tempted by this event lol. But I decided the risk of biting off more than I could chew was too much so I'm just waiting for the reveals so I can see how many I guessed right. I'm thinking I probably won't have too too many correct.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, this kind of events are fun. My good friend will be getting one (OW / Terrestrial), and from the poem she picked, we guessed it was Cyriopagopus lividus.
Which one- Emma's Cyanic Live Wire? I think that one is going to be Chilobrachys sp. "Electric Blue." Also, I don't see any lividum listed on their website, making it very unlikely.

Xharyel

Arachnopeon
Really? I don't. Wish that the arachnids keeping world (at least here in Italy) would be today like was in early 90's :sad:
You mean to say it was better before? Or is it better now?

Which one- Emma's Cyanic Live Wire? I think that one is going to be Chilobrachys sp. "Electric Blue." Also, I don't see any lividum listed on their website, making it very unlikely.
No, not that one, that was pretty obvious it was the Chilobrachys sp electric blue yeah. I'm talking about Marli's Pretty Prizm. I'm still not sure that it's the C. lividus but it's my best guess, all because of the last sentence.

"Getting both of my morphs is sure a winning bid"

It's the only one I can think of with obvious color morph (Emerald Green / Cobalt Blue) and that is around that price range. 🤔
And they also use the adjectives "shimmer", "glimmer", etc. Which kinda fits "emerald" and "cobalt".

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You mean to say it was better before?
Yep, definitely. By a long shot :singing:
Keeping T's and other venomous inverts in Italy between early 90's to 2003 was like being a kid living in a 'everything free' luna park.