Any reason NOT to get a Grammostola pulchra?

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
-They grow slow
-Expensive Tarantula (some people can't afford an adult female)
-Only have one color
-Some are nervous
-They are very fragile when it comes to handling just a small fall can get them injured.
-have only 50-150 eggs per sac compare to other Ts.
-Molts every two years once they are adult so you can't really breed them every year.
-they live longer than your average pet, so if your on your 60s most likely this T will out live you because they can live up to 30 years.
- hard to see in the dark because they are black
- they don't use their house too often
- they don't eat mouse like other big terrestrial (if you have mouse problem in your house this guys will not be helpful)
- not for people who likes aggressive Ts because they are not aggressive
You are right on most of the part, except that pulchra egg sacs are relatively big compared to other T's. Anything less than 300 eggs is considered a small clutch and I've heard of 800 in one sac. Also, I'm pretty sure it would gladly eat a mouse if you gave it that chance.

Although I'm somewhat biased, as they are my favorites, I think G. pulchra is the best T if you want to help an arachnophobe overcome his or her fear. I had several cases when people were scared to death to even enter my T room and 5 minutes later after seeing me, my wife and my kid handling one of our girls, they were happy to handle her too.

This is my wife's co-worker. Before that moment, that girl was about to faint just hearing the words "big spider" LOL

Rue

Arachnoknight
LV-426: That's what I need to hear! :clap::D

TarantulaHomes: Very nice! I'm looking forward to rearing up that black beauty too...I love how 'plump' their overall form is...

BTW...what's that electric elephant in the background for? Slow cooker? Incubator?

LV-426

Arachnobaron
LV-426: That's what I need to hear! :clap::D

TarantulaHomes: Very nice! I'm looking forward to rearing up that black beauty too...I love how 'plump' their overall form is...

BTW...what's that electric elephant in the background for? Slow cooker? Incubator?
i actually had a good look at the suntiger, its a bit bigger than i thought, its a bit more than 1in