any really cool communal centipedes?

basement pets

Arachnosquire
I have heard rumors of centipedes like Rhysida longipes being communal. I don't know too much about centipedes and I only have 2 myself but I was wondering if you could keep certain species communally easily.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Some people have success with Alipes and Scolopendra mutalins. I personally wouldn’t do it.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
My experience with S mutilans being communal is I served up some pricey meals to the colony which left me with one big fat one left. Rampant cannibalism.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I have heard good things about Ethmostigmus sp. communals, but I haven't seen any recent reports on the subject.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I have heard rumors of centipedes like Rhysida longipes being communal. I don't know too much about centipedes and I only have 2 myself but I was wondering if you could keep certain species communally easily.
When my Rhysida longipes had babies, I kept the plings together longer than I would have liked, but they seemingly did perfectly fine. So I suppose you could keep them together, but like others said, I wouldn’t try it.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My experience with S mutilans being communal is I served up some pricey meals to the colony which left me with one big fat one left. Rampant cannibalism.
I've got three communal set-ups with S. mutilans. Two and small groups of juveniles, the other is a small group of adults that have been together for quite a while (don't remember exactly how long, but definitely more than a year). Where some people go wrong in their communal set-ups is in overcrowding. "Communal" does not mean that there aren't limits on population density. I give mine plenty of space, deep substrate, more complex environment (leaf litter on the surface, bark, rocks, etc.).