Any other Crested Gecko breeders here?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Just hatched these guys out.. Hoping by morning they will have shed so I can see what colors/contrasts I may end up with.. IMG_20191130_183637_047.jpg That's not dark pigment it's peat from the egg box

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Cute babies, congratulations!

Do you have pictures of the parents?

I have a group of crested geckos as well, but no eggs yet.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Cute babies, congratulations!

Do you have pictures of the parents?

I have a group of crested geckos as well, but no eggs yet.
20191201_215757.jpg 20191201_220054.jpg
Mom (Boston creme) is on the top and dad (Magma) is bottom both are fired down.. BC is actually pink and yellow fired.. Magma is pastel red...

Drop some pic of what your working with bro..

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Glad to see you are back on the boards @14pokies!

Crested's are nice, but the amount of maintenance they require is something I can't provide right now. I guess just I'll enjoy all of yours in the meantime!

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Here are my crested geckos:
Female, red dalmatian (she has red dalmatian spots too)

Male dalmatian

My other female geckos

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Glad to see you are back on the boards @14pokies!

Crested's are nice, but the amount of maintenance they require is something I can't provide right now. I guess just I'll enjoy all of yours in the meantime!

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts
Thanks I still lurk I just post less.. Good ta see you hanging in here with group of piranhas:vamp:...

Eh to me they are about the same as Tarantulas time wise but I only have a small group of geckos.. I could see them becoming very time consuming once you are working with 30+ geckos.. I'll see Hahah

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@14pokies, well, piranhas only attack if you are thrashing about like a wounded animal, and I tend to leave that to those trying communals with species they shouldn't...

Don't you have to feed them 3-5 times a week, keep up with misting, etc., though? With tarantulas it can be twice a month and a substrate soak once a week depending on the species.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

14pokies

Arachnoprince
@14pokies, well, piranhas only attack if you are thrashing about like a wounded animal, and I tend to leave that to those trying communals with species they shouldn't...

Don't you have to feed them 3-5 times a week, keep up with misting, etc., though? With tarantulas it can be twice a month and a substrate soak once a week depending on the species.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Right! Real men like us don't thrash about and squeal we go out fighting :punch:.. Raaa let me see your war face!

Yup time wise you are right I only have like 10-12 geckos and I put the same amount of time into them as I would say about 50 or so adult Tarantulas per week.. Alot of that time though is handling and paying a little extra attention to the little ones..

I have allways been that guy that owns a min of like 50+ spiders, unless life doesn't allow 50 or so adult females and 20-30 grow up males and MM's and at times a thousand slings.. As if that wasn't enough I kept alot of monitors and a few pythons in the last 5 yrs as well. So I may not be the best person to listen too as far as how much time it actually takes to care for a small group of geckos.. I only have 10 or so geckos so it seems like nothing! Feels like 10 mins a day if I don't handle or take pics..

I had planned on getting out completely I felt burnt out but within a week I new I needed an exotics related project or I would lose my mind.. Crested's have allways held a spot in my heart so when the bug bit I followed.. It's working out well so far :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Hey @moricollins, any of your cresteds have a black and blue tongue? I have seen zillions of cresteds but only got to see a handfull of tongue licks (like 200 ballpark, working shows and a few shops) and they were all pink..

His tongue is healthy as I allmost shat when I first saw it thought he somehow had something wrapped around his tongue that was cutting off circulation.. I sprayed him and watched his tongue very carefully over like 3-4 licks and it appeared normal just black and blue.. Honestly forgot all about it till tonight and he licked his eye again and I was like damn that's right you have a black and blue tongue ya freak. Lol..

He's my most skittish gecko so I don't handle him much and when he is out he isn't relaxed so he doesn't taste with his tongue nearly as much as geckos that are used to or more tolerant of handling.. So I really never see this guys tongue..

If it turns out to be uncommon I'll spray and snap pics and pray he cooperates.. If it's very rare to the point that it should be clearly photographed and documented I will gently coax his mouth open and snap some clear high quality pics.. I wanted to ask around instead of stressing him needlessly even though it's really not that hard on him.. I do it once in awhile with my females to check calcium sacs it's really not terrible on the animal but he's high strung so if I don't have to I won't..

Thanks man

14pokies

Arachnoprince
@14pokies From what I've seen my crested's tongues are pink, not any other colors
Thanks my man.. He's a weird one he looks like trash in pics but in person there is a ton going on with him.. He fires jet black like as black as axanthics.. He has a faint yellow pattern so I know he isn't but the black I saw poking out from behind a cork half in the shop that day had him sold instantly, I bought him based on his left back leg.. Lol.. He's a basket case though :banghead: