Any opinions on breeding ?

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I hope you all know I'm still a newbie. I happened to get a MM vagans for free this weekend, in the hopes I can pair him with my recently acquired female.

My first dilemma - don't know when she moulted last, and previous owner hasnt gotten back to me. He's making a new sperm web. She's in an underground burrow. So what do I do from here ?? I have read the breeding reports but I've never done this before :eek::?

Cayenne the female

and her MM

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Id pair them a few times, and see what happens. if nothing else she molts out of it. no big deal.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OK. Tommy suggested I powerfeed her to lessen the chances that she'll try to eat him ...
Will she come up out of the burrow when I put him in ?
Or will he have to venture down there ?
Will he know what to do/where to go ?
LOL. So many questions ... :? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You could wait until she comes out and put them both in neutral territory. Definitely feed her really well first though.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He will know what to do.. Before you pair them up.. Make sure you get your female to stop eating.. She will eat your mail if you dont..

When you pair them.. The male will go in & drum or viberate on her webbing.. That is to get her attention.. If she is receptive.. She will either come out & greet him.. Or she will get his attention for him to come see her..

Depending on her burrow.. If its a tight fit for her.. More than likely the MM with do what he has to so he can get the female out of her burrow..

Its much safer for the male if she is out of the burrow.. That way.. You can save the male if you have to..

After they pair up.. Alot of the time the female will try to munch the male..

You may have to save him.. Just have something there to put in between them..

Watch as many videos on youtube about pairings.. They helped me alot..

You see what a receptive female looks like vs a hungry female.. :)

Best of luck.. :)