Any New Breeding Projects Recently?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Surely there are some tarantula breeders on this forums. So any new, recent, or future tarantula breeding projects recently?

I just bred my first female P. murinus today (forgot to get pictures) and my second female will be ready soon, but I would love to see or hear some of your current or future breeding projects of T.'s and feel free to provide pictures if you can.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Im starting to look at breeding myself now that I have a few with some size. (And of course I'm jumping straight into the deep end). I have a P met that just sexed out as female and a suspect male I'm waiting on a molt to verify (along with an unknown third that is a molt shredder, all in the 4.5" range). If I get a pair, I'll start modifying the husbandry parameters so that they'll both be ready to go late in the year. I also have a 0.0.3 group of P. rufilata in the 6" range I'm hoping to sex a pair out of soon. I have a pair of Ornithoctinae sp Ho Chi Ming DCF that will be here as soon as the borders open back up as well. Hopefully I can start all these around October or so and I'll be buying 5.5oz deli cups in bulk early next year. I have small groups of Phormingochilus sp Sabah Blue and Phormingochilus sp Akcaya, and a small group of B. simoroxigorum on the way for future projects.

cold blood

Staff member
I have P. regalis 1i and N. chromatus EWLs in incubators, C. darlingi on a sac and I just had a great pairing with N. incei....I also have a B. hamorii I am pretty sure is gravid, fingers crossed there.

I have been trying to pair N. tripepii, but I just cant seem to get them interested for some reason....usually Nhandu are very straight forward, I am beginning to wonder if there's something about their courtship that I am missing.

Gonna be able to pair A. avic MT 1 soon with any luck...and after my mt 6 female's next molt, I will be pairing her again.

No luck finding P. nigricolor or T. puriens/ockeri MMs.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Paired the second OBT female today and it was quite a smooth pairing and a good save on the male.

1.1 P. murinus (OBT) pairing

IMG_1507.JPG

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I'm breeding for the first time with Avicularia avicularia. I'm going to pull the sac June 10.

I'm excited and kind of nervous :)

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I'm trying to find males for some breeding projects I'd like to start, but no luck finding them. So my breeding projects are all on hold as of right now.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I have 2 female N. Incei waiting on my male to mature, hopefully next molt or 2. Then I can pair them.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Not really new, but ongoing this year.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Im starting to look at breeding myself now that I have a few with some size. (And of course I'm jumping straight into the deep end). I have a P met that just sexed out as female and a suspect male I'm waiting on a molt to verify (along with an unknown third that is a molt shredder, all in the 4.5" range). If I get a pair, I'll start modifying the husbandry parameters so that they'll both be ready to go late in the year. I also have a 0.0.3 group of P. rufilata in the 6" range I'm hoping to sex a pair out of soon. I have a pair of Ornithoctinae sp Ho Chi Ming DCF that will be here as soon as the borders open back up as well. Hopefully I can start all these around October or so and I'll be buying 5.5oz deli cups in bulk early next year. I have small groups of Phormingochilus sp Sabah Blue and Phormingochilus sp Akcaya, and a small group of B. simoroxigorum on the way for future projects.
When I read the beginning of the first sentence I thought you were joking that you were the one breeding! Lol good stuff

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Will be pairing my Selenotholus Stirlingi pair when my male matures.
20200630_124151.jpg

Gotta find a Phlogius Goliath male for my girl, shes not max size but should be good for breeding
20200630_110231.jpg

Gotta auction off my male Strennus and PQ113's for breeding loans too when i get a chance
20200630_100902.jpg 20200630_102817.jpg

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Balfouris and T. blondi this year, got a pair from poland last year now ready to go

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I'm planning on breeding my P. cambridgei once she's mature (not quite there yet). It'll be my first tarantula breeding, and I'm already starting to do research on the details of it.

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
Just had a great pairing with my P. irminia, very receptive female.
20200712_124454.jpg

I received a Harpactirella overdijki MM a couple days ago, will be pairing them soon.

I paired my P. cambridgei and two P. pulcher females earlier this year.

When I pulled the sac from my P. cambridgei half the eggs were infertile, got 76 good eggs and ewls. Some of the remaining eggs still didn't develop and I think I ended up with about 60 healthy slings by the end of April.

P. pulcher female #1 molted out after molting only five months before. Female #2 laid a sac of 70 eggs. I pulled the sac at 25 days and only 20 slings developed in my incubator. Going to wait a little longer before pulling the sac next time.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I am going to be breeding my Bonnetina sp. Chamela (cyaneifemur) in the next couple of months. Still waiting for my Grammostola pulchripes female to moult (she has not moulted since fall 2017) to pair to a mature male I have. I might be getting a mature male Aphonopelma chalcodes for my freshly moulted female.

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
I bred my female G. pulchra 2 months ago and she has become more aggressively defensive and putting on weight. Fortunately, she had already molted prior to breeding so fingers crossed for an egg sac soon.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Attempted G. iheringi last night. Female is freshly molted and ready. Male is quite old, wasn’t able to get her into position. He is still making sperm webs though, I hope he can get the job done. Will try again in a day or two. 9C8306BA-7820-4ECD-B699-65A682CCD5D8.jpeg

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
H. overdijki pairing went very well! Took about 40 minutes for the MM to locate the burrow entrance and then lure the female out. Once the female came out they mated in the burrow entrance, the male is now back in his enclosure safe and sound!

Harpactirella overdijki mature male searching for female.
20200718_161643.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Got to breed my Orphnaecus sp. "Blue Quezon" today at last and I think he did the job for my largest girl, but only time will tell for sure. This was a very nervous breeding as I had to make sure this male didn't get eaten because he's the only male I could spare since males are so hard to find. Special thanks to @Pbj invertebrates for the male I got from this member. I still have a few more females, but only some are mature based on the size of this male in comparison. Still, fingers cross.

IMG_1718.JPG

The second picture I could get was a blur, but you get the picture.

IMG_1721.JPG

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Trying to breed my gorgeous B klassi female (the one on my profile). She's actually gone to my friend on a loan. He has the MM and a lot of breeding experience so she couldn't be in better hands. Fingers crossed that she'll return with babies in tow lol