Any New Additions?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I picked up this pretty girl (G. rosea RCF) at an expo today. Meet Primrose! Also got a N. tripepii sling, was able to put an old molt under the microscope and sexed her as female. IMG_20230325_190235820~2.jpg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
This little guy (A. minatrix) arrived today. I hope he will do a good job with his 6 legs...
He is already in the female's enclosure... PXL_20230329_123233712.jpg

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
Managed to check what I'd expected to be a very difficult T to find off my bucket list: 0.0.2 Taksinus bambus. These guys don't even show up on dealer's lists (which is saying something since Asian arboreals and fossorials are hilariously cheap over here)-I just happened to drop by the local dealer/breeder's today and found that he'd recently bred this species. He'd put out ten for sale but by the time I got there only three were left, picked up two and might go back for the third if someone else doesn't buy it first.

Right now the more realistic stuff on my bucket list include Pelinobius muticus (usually hard to come by in Korea but one dealer has a lot of slings on offer right now), O. sp. "Vietnam Silver", O. sp. "Bach Ma" (I narrowly missed out on these months ago so this is at the very top of the list) and Psalmopoeus victori, plus Phormingochilus sp. "Sabah Blue" and Haploclastus devamatha if I felt like spending excessively.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Managed to check what I'd expected to be a very difficult T to find off my bucket list: 0.0.2 Taksinus bambus. These guys don't even show up on dealer's lists (which is saying something since Asian arboreals and fossorials are hilariously cheap over here)-I just happened to drop by the local dealer/breeder's today and found that he'd recently bred this species. He'd put out ten for sale but by the time I got there only three were left, picked up two and might go back for the third if someone else doesn't buy it first.

Right now the more realistic stuff on my bucket list include Pelinobius muticus (usually hard to come by in Korea but one dealer has a lot of slings on offer right now), O. sp. "Vietnam Silver", O. sp. "Bach Ma" (I narrowly missed out on these months ago so this is at the very top of the list) and Psalmopoeus victori, plus Phormingochilus sp. "Sabah Blue" and Haploclastus devamatha if I felt like spending excessively.
I saw Taksinus bambus on an expo this year. One more year and the price should how down dramatically 🙏

Kegaran

Arachnopeon
No new ones yet aside from my nhandu coloratovillosus from a month ago..but I am really feeling the Itch to get myself another GBB....getting two Tarantula's at once surely isn't irresponsible

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Recently:
  • 0.1.1 Ornithoctonus sp Ranong Blue
  • 0.0.2 Aphonopelma mooreae
  • 0.0.2 Phormingochilus everetti
  • 0.0.2 Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh
  • 0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. Vietnam Silver
  • 0.1.1 Hysterocrates sp. Niger Delta
  • 0.0.2 Phormingochilus pennellhewlettorum
  • 0.0.1 Orphnaecus dichromatus
  • 0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran Tiger

20230330_185121.jpg
0.1 O. sp Ranong Blue

20230330_201337.jpg
0.0.1 O. sp Ranong Blue

20230330_202742.jpg
0.0.1 Orphnaecus dichromatus, already webbed into the new enclosure after a few hours. I'm low key the most excited about this little spaz ball. You rarely ever see them around.

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
Got two new Ts this week :) both juvies.
One Lasiodora striatipes female (4cm body length), quite a hair kicker, and also on a mission to dig as soon as introduced to her new enclosure. No time to check around, the enclosure walls, the water dish, etc. No, straight to hide and started digging like there is no tomorrow. She'll reach the center of earth in few days if she continues like this.

And aslo one Brachypelma hamorii unsexed (3cm body length), not much hair kicking, but bolted a few time during unpacking and housing. Good. Always nice to keep in mind that any species, no matter how docile they are advertised, can be fast and bolty once in a while. Other than that she took down a mealworm that was her size, so at least she's a hungry one.

Now eager to see them grow (not at the same pace though 😉 )

Photo hereunder:

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
It's been a while since I've added to the team! Received today:

0.0.1 Brachionopus pretoriae (good size, approx. 1.5" DLS):
Brachionopus pretoriae 04.05.23.jpg

0.0.1 Avicularia minatrix (pretty tiny, roughly 0.5" DLS):
Avicularia minatrix-1 04.05.23.jpg Avicularia minatrix-2 04.05.23.jpg

0.0.1 Euathlus sp. "Tiger" (very small, maybe 0.375" DLS):
Euathlus sp. tiger 04.05.23.jpg

0.0.1 Homoeomma sp. Uruguay (the smallest of the lot, slightly over 0.25" DLS - but really cute!!):
Homoeomma sp. Uruguay 04.05.23.jpg

0.0.1 Avicularia hirschii (a very floofy 1.0" DLS):
Avicularia hirschii 04.05.23.jpg

0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp. "Valhalla" (or maybe Omothymus or Ornithoctonus instead of Cyriopagopus, but we're rolling with it. Underneath all the fluff it's about 0.75" DLS):
Cyriopagopus sp. valhalla 04.05.23.jpg

0.0.1 Theraphosinae sp. "Mishana" (largest of the bunch, just under 2" DLS):
Theraphosinae sp. Mishana 04.05.23.jpg

I am super stoked about these, and can't wait to watch them grow up.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow and next week...

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
It's been a while since I've added to the team! Received today:

0.0.1 Brachionopus pretoriae (good size, approx. 1.5" DLS):
View attachment 442641

0.0.1 Avicularia minatrix (pretty tiny, roughly 0.5" DLS):
View attachment 442643 View attachment 442644

0.0.1 Euathlus sp. "Tiger" (very small, maybe 0.375" DLS):
View attachment 442645

0.0.1 Homoeomma sp. Uruguay (the smallest of the lot, slightly over 0.25" DLS - but really cute!!):
View attachment 442646

0.0.1 Avicularia hirschii (a very floofy 1.0" DLS):
View attachment 442648

0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp. "Valhalla" (or maybe Omothymus or Ornithoctonus instead of Cyriopagopus, but we're rolling with it. Underneath all the fluff it's about 0.75" DLS):
View attachment 442647

0.0.1 Theraphosinae sp. "Mishana" (largest of the bunch, just under 2" DLS):
View attachment 442649

I am super stoked about these, and can't wait to watch them grow up.

Stay tuned for more tomorrow and next week...
Lol I'd be stoked too! That shipment definitely skewed towards the expensive/rare side of the hobby lol. You better keep up with the pictures of the Theraphosinae sp. "Mishana" as it grows ;) .

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Lol I'd be stoked too! That shipment definitely skewed towards the expensive/rare side of the hobby lol. You better keep up with the pictures of the Theraphosinae sp. "Mishana" as it grows ;) .
Will do, for sure. The Sabah blues come tomorrow (along with a few other goodies)! 😎

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Will do, for sure. The Sabah blues come tomorrow (along with a few other goodies)! 😎
Awesome! They should be around 4i as that's what my holdbacks are at right now. They grow like wildfire though and a fasting premolt period doesn't really exist for them lol. Still one of my favorites!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Awesome! They should be around 4i as that's what my holdbacks are at right now. They grow like wildfire though and a fasting premolt period doesn't really exist for them lol. Still one of my favorites!
Perfect! Will post some pics of them later today. Thanks for the info!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Here are the newbies I received today, as promised:

0.0.1 Augacephalus ezendami (this is to replace a sling I got a few months ago that died due to a sucking stomach issue - hopefully this one does better! About 1.0" DLS):
Augacephalus ezendami - 04.06.23.jpg

0.0.1 Cyriocosmus leetzi (another tiny one at about 0.375" DLS):
Cyriocosmus leetzi 04.06.23-1.jpg

"You can't see me!!":
Cyriocosmus leetzi 04.06.23-2.jpg

0.0.3 Phormingochilus sp. "Sabah Blue" (thanks to @l4nsky for producing these and helping me source them):

Alpha, slightly under 1.0" DLS, 3i and soon to molt:
Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue - Alpha - 04.06.23.jpg

Beta, same size and instar (3i):
Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue - Beta - 04.06.23.jpg

Gamma - decided to go from 3i to 4i on the way to me and molted in the shipping vail. Molted out fine, and it's about 1.125" DLS (going to see if I can sex the molt with my scope):
Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue - Gamma - 04.06.23.jpg

0.0.3 Ornithoctoninae sp. "Ho Chi Minh" - these are all right around the same size at 1.0" DLS.

Delta:
Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh - Delta - 04.06.23.jpg

Epsilon (is pissed):
Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh - Epsilon - 04.06.23.jpg

Zeta:
Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh - Zeta - 04.06.23.jpg

Another exciting shipment!! Hopefully we'll get a female or 2 from these trios.

It's still a little early to say for sure, and will need to be confirmed with a molt, but it sure looks to me like the T. sp. "Mishana" that I received yesterday is a female...
Theraphosinae sp. Mishana 04.05.23 Ventral.jpg

That would be awesome if it really turns out to be a girl.

More excitement coming next week (hopefully, assuming the weather cooperates)!!

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Lovely! Glad I'll get a chance to watch some of the Sabah's grow up outside of my collection. In regards to the Ornithoctoninae sp. HCM, defensive is their default state lol. They seem to be perpetually ill tempered and not afraid to let you know it, especially as they start to gain some size.

The T. sp Mishana is looking female to me as well, fingers crossed.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
0.1 Aphonopelma peloncillo. I'll get setup and get some good pictures of her when I make her forever enclosure and rehouse her here in a week or two.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Gamma - decided to go from 3i to 4i on the way to me and molted in the shipping vail. Molted out fine, and it's about 1.125" DLS (going to see if I can sex the molt with my scope):
When ya just can't wait to get out of that dress...