Any New Additions?

@Jess S
Im sure they will.
Only was able to take the pic with the brush due to them being slowed down due to cold shipping.It took me an hour to get 9 slings out of the vials in slow motion but they much lively now.Proper freaked out as you know.lol
Its all well if it ends well I guess. Hahaha
Regards Konstantin

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
I will post some pics later but over the past two weeks, I have gained 5 specimens:
1. C. cyaneopubescens (GBB)
2. T. albopilosum (Nicaraguan)
3. C. ephobopus (Blue Fang) x2
4. T. ockerti

May have a hobby form Curly coming tomorrow as a rescue too 20201013_114355.jpg 20201013_120923.jpg

Last edited:

Erica Danielle

Arachnosquire
Began this hobby around 8 months or so ago and have only fell more in love since. Hopefully I’ll have a huge collection one day of various tarantulas and true spiders. Absolutely love this forum & so far has been the best resource for this hobby! The arachnid addiction is very much so real and very much so strong! :rofl:

So far in my small beginner collection I have:
Tliltocatl albopilosus
Avicularia metallica
(newest addition)
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Grammastola pulchra
Brachypelma emilia

Added a couple photos of my Honduran Curlyhair and my Greenbottle Blue. Both have been amazing starter species!
CCAD5005-E9ED-4BC2-A10C-B8E54EBC7217.jpeg 7BD5C628-E8ED-4598-A4FC-2C58601DD7B6.jpeg

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Since it has been *checks calendar* a month and a half since I got any new Ts, apparently it was time.

Today I received three gorgeous spiders from the Marxi species group of Aphonopelma as well as an Aphonopelma gabeli female, who is just gorgeous.

Here she is, in all of her huge chelicerae glory!:
IMG_3515.JPG

Here is the amazing Aphonopelma peloncillo, a confirmed female so beautiful it makes me want to cry:
IMG_3520.JPG

An Aphonopelma madera sling that gave me the butt and did not want to come out of the vial when I moved her to a smaller enclosure:
IMG_3526.JPG

And a wee little A catalina sling that I needed to set up an even smaller enclosure for. It zipped right in and I might never see it again.

Anyway, the adults were set up with temporary digs. I'm getting deeper enclosures next week that I plan to set them up with more permanent homes in, so they don't get any fancy leaf litter for now.

God they are so pretty!

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Sexed juvenile female Caribena versicolor. Came very energetic and so hungry that she wanted to eat my brush :banghead:

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
What did you get?
1x Acanthoscurria geniculata - Brazilian White Knee
1x Brachypelma boehmei - Mexican Fire Leg
1x Chromatopelma cyanopubescens - Green Bottle Blue
1x Grammostola iheringi - Entre Rios
1x Grammostola pulchra "quirogui" - Brazilian Black
1x Grammostola rosea - True Rose Hair
1x Harpactira pulchripes - Golden Blue Leg Baboon
1x Nhandu chromatus - Brazilian Red & White
1x Pterinochilus murinus - OBT
1x Pterinopelma sazimai - Brazilian Blue
1x Tliltocatl vagans - Mexican Red Rump
1x Nhandu tripepii - Brazilian Giant Blonde

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
1x Acanthoscurria geniculata - Brazilian White Knee
1x Brachypelma boehmei - Mexican Fire Leg
1x Chromatopelma cyanopubescens - Green Bottle Blue
1x Grammostola iheringi - Entre Rios
1x Grammostola pulchra "quirogui" - Brazilian Black
1x Grammostola rosea - True Rose Hair
1x Harpactira pulchripes - Golden Blue Leg Baboon
1x Nhandu chromatus - Brazilian Red & White
1x Pterinochilus murinus - OBT
1x Pterinopelma sazimai - Brazilian Blue
1x Tliltocatl vagans - Mexican Red Rump
1x Nhandu tripepii - Brazilian Giant Blonde
Nice! Excdellent choices :)

My order just came in! First time getting spiders online, had only gotten them locally before.
I'd ordered:
Macrothele yaginumai (it's so tiny!)
Poecilotheria metallica
Haplocosmia himalayana
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (I somehow hadn't gotten one before now)

It was a bit of a pain getting them out of their vials, but I coaxed them out in the end.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Great choice! Just cut the end of the vial with a scissor and gently push them out. I always recommend that it's good to give them access to water. Not an expert, but from my experience, shipping makes all spiders seems to arrive more or less dehydrated. Water is good.

Dead Blue Deer

Arachnopeon
I got one of my dream Ts yesterday at a local exotics shop in town.. Brachypelma klaasi! Which is great because it's been months since I've gotten a new spider and the reptile show that's held in October was cancelled due to covid. The B klaasi is pretty shy, but I got a good look at it this morning. Not sure of sex yet; the photo is kind of awful!

ElBNqDPUcAEFCV4.jpg

gabrielgartner

Arachnosquire
In the last week I've added
2 x phormictopus sp green
1 x phormictopus sp purple
1 x Pseudhaplopus sp colombia
2 x Bonnetina cyaneifemur
2 x Eresus walkenaeri

All are slings (1 of the P. sp. green is a juvi) from 3 different vendors

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I saw this beautiful adult female A. chalcodes at the pet shop and just couldn't resist. This is a photo of her at the store...she's in a more appropriate enclosure now. A bit of an impulse buy but I don't regret it in the slightest. I just need to come up with a name for her now, so if any has ideas please chime in!

Attachments