Any macleay spectre owner know what this is

Carthropod

Arachnosquire
IMG_20210207_095259.jpg
Notice the white what i think is liquid on the right and the red idk what it is, adult male and female ontop of eachother, happened recently

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Carthropod

Arachnosquire
Yeah... see, when a Mommy stick insect and a Daddy stick insect like each other very much, they give each other a special hug... and that's how babies are made! ;)

They're mating. The white droplet is a spermatophore like this one: https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...a-tiaratum-spermatophore-news-photo/481581627 and the red stuff would be their "naughty bits" (genitalia). You can see a bit of the same thing here: https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/various-5184769a
this is one of the most creative reactions i have ever got.

thanks for the reply, this is my first non-pathogenic species thats why i didnt know!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
this is one of the most creative reactions i have ever got.

thanks for the reply, this is my first non-pathogenic species thats why i didnt know!
Actually, they are parthenogenetic - but when they reproduce without mating, there will be a lower proportion of viable eggs - and all of the offspring will be female. If they mate, then you will get both female and male offspring.

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
Phasmids are particularly fascinating in that some species (like some reptiles) are able to reproduce both sexually and asexually. They get the best of both worlds.

Carthropod

Arachnosquire
Actually, they are parthenogenetic - but when they reproduce without mating, there will be a lower proportion of viable eggs - and all of the offspring will be female. If they mate, then you will get both female and male offspring.
luckly there are people on forums that know more then me, keeps the learning cycle in place i wish everyone in this thread a year of good luck