Any luck keeping Woodlouse Spiders?

Ileana Mulder

Arachnopeon
I was curious to know if anyone else had had luck keeping Woodlouse Spiders.
I’ve been drawn to keeping this species lately for their beautiful and intimidating appearance, but on my two separate attempts to do so, found each specimen in a death curl within a week.
(Granted, the second was a mature female, who laid a dud egg sac and promptly died). I suspect the first was a male. Unable to find pillbugs in my yard, I had resorted to feeding (or, attempting to feed) them crickets as I do my T’s, because had read that others had success with crickets. Interested to hear what experiences others have had keeping them.

freewaffles

Arachnopeon
i've never kept one but i am interested in keeping one. where did you get yours from

Ileana Mulder

Arachnopeon
In the late summers there seems to be no shortage of them in my basement. Not sure where you’re located but I’m in Indiana, and they’re very common here.

Tarantula time

Arachnopeon
Since this thread isn't very old .....

Hey y'all!!
I'm fairly sure I have found two woodlouse spiders and I'd like to keep them:)
Does anyone have any tips, recommendations, sites I could visit, care instructions?! Anything would be helpful!!

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I haven't tried it, but I'm interested in making an attempt at some point (I keep isopods, so prey would be readily available). Given that they're generally found hiding under decaying wood or among stones, I'd imagine all they'd really need is some slightly damp substrate, some objects to hide under, a bit of running around space, and some isopods to eat. They aren't webbers (just a sleeping sac as far as I know), so you wouldn't need to worry about giving complex terrain, and they're pretty cosmopolitan in distribution, so you shouldn't need to worry about temperature control.

Tarantula time

Arachnopeon
I haven't tried it, but I'm interested in making an attempt at some point (I keep isopods, so prey would be readily available). Given that they're generally found hiding under decaying wood or among stones, I'd imagine all they'd really need is some slightly damp substrate, some objects to hide under, a bit of running around space, and some isopods to eat. They aren't webbers (just a sleeping sac as far as I know), so you wouldn't need to worry about giving complex terrain, and they're pretty cosmopolitan in distribution, so you shouldn't need to worry about temperature control.
Thanks so much!!!! I will do all the above and I'll research on my own as well!:)