Any info AT ALL on Ami species?

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Hi there everyone. I haven't looked on any of the European forums yet, but am having limited success finding ANY information on the Ami species. I'm going to be getting a trio of some soon, and want to be as ready as possible.

*I know that they weren't a described species until Perez-Miles work was done on them in 2008.

*I know that they are supposedly a Terrestrial T.

*What I don't know though, is any husbandry related info, as well as temps. and humidity levels, or type locality info???

Can ANYONE point me in the right direction here?

belleghem

Arachnopeon
there from brazil according to a google search so i'd say probally like any other brazilian T

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They've been around for a year or two, yet don't know the size and temper...

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
They've been around for a year or two, yet don't know the size and temper...

* They are dwarfs
; but this still doesn't say much about humidity, amount of substrate, behavior, ect??? I know SOMEONE here has some info...............:?

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actualy, few, if none, have an adult specimen. Experience is the only way...Once they outgrown the pill vials, a good thing would be to put a few specimen in long enclosure with one end very dry and the other very wet with a gradient in the middle to see where they naturally go.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
there from brazil according to a google search so i'd say probally like any other brazilian T
Also, just for the record, they are NOT from Brazil. They're found predominantly in Ecuador, parts of Peru, and Colombia.

And I'm not trying to sound mean when I say this, but a generalized statement, and attitude like, "probally like any other brazillian T" certainly is a level of learning that hopefully MOST in this hobby transcend. :confused:

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Ben, I agree, but it's worth mentioning that the type species, A. caxiuana, is described from Brazil.