Any ideas what spider it is uk

basin79

ArachnoGod
I got no reaction but he has a large abdomen so he may not be hungry he just sat there I tried to tickle right next to his feet even nothing he just sat there lol gonna try dropping a cricket later see if that helps. These were all I got so far because Oscar won't move lol and I think definitely a he . View attachment 382482 View attachment 382484
Fingers crossed with sundown will come hunger and the hunt and better pics lol.
Well he is definitely a he. Looks to be a penultimate male.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I thought so... shame just because it means he won't be there much longer.... well I best hurry and get more pics then before he goes wondering.

I have tried again Oscar chased that cricket all over the web . These where the best pics. 20210421_190100.jpg 20210421_185907.jpg 20210421_185853.jpg
So it looks like his spinners are short . Unfortunately he didn't do a happy dance he just dragged that cricket down his funnel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cororon

Arachnoknight
I think he could be a Tegenaria domestica. The pattern on his butt and the spinnerets look short enough for a male. Sometimes the colours and hues can look off depending on the lighting. :)

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I think he could be a Tegenaria domestica. The pattern on his butt and the spinnerets look short enough for a male. Sometimes the colours and hues can look off depending on the lighting. :)
I have a Tegeneria but I don't think it's one of those just because Oscar is such a light colour with dark legs he don't look anything like my Tetchy. Or maybe he is just a light colour morph , don't know, I don't think I will ever know for sure 😊 but either way he is gorgeous 😍

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I have a Tegeneria but I don't think it's one of those just because Oscar is such a light colour with dark legs
I think he could be a Tegenaria domestica.
What we have here is unable to see the spider for the color. I just tossed the image into GIMP and assigned random colors, pink, purple etc. to the legs and body.

@Charliemum Look at this image then try to spot the setae on the legs as well as the various shapes and posture. https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...0.gsYLnFYzvgV6NYXpQIN4lbVWezA2evjULjxwMT8xcks
I'm leaning towards atrica. Several images show it with legs a darker color than the body. The setae placements and angles are as accurate and unique as fingerprints.

Just toss 'tegenaria images' into a search engine and ignore the colors. Find the closest matching shapes. Then look at the various color morphs and general overall color scheme. Abdomen pattern a match is obvious.

Last edited:

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
I have a Tegeneria but I don't think it's one of those just because Oscar is such a light colour with dark legs he don't look anything like my Tetchy. Or maybe he is just a light colour morph , don't know, I don't think I will ever know for sure 😊 but either way he is gorgeous 😍
Is that a molt in the picture? If so, maybe he's just looking really pale because of molting recently. Maybe he'll show his true patterns soon

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
What we have here is unable to see the spider for the color. I just tossed the image into GIMP and assigned random colors, pink, purple etc. to the legs and body.

@Charliemum Look at this image then try to spot the setae on the legs as well as the various shapes and posture. https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...0.gsYLnFYzvgV6NYXpQIN4lbVWezA2evjULjxwMT8xcks
I'm leaning towards atrica. Several images show it with legs a darker color than the body. The setae placements and angles are as accurate and unique as fingerprints.

Just toss 'tegenaria images' into a search engine and ignore the colors. Find the closest matching shapes. Then look at the various color morphs and general overall color scheme. Abdomen pattern a match is obvious.
So after all that he is just light patterned very cool 😎 I have never seen Tetchy get that light after a moult but still very very cool it's a shame he wasn't the same species as her could have got me some lovely looking baby's lol , thanks everyone for their help it's much appreciated 😀

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
It's a buck skin is it not? I am not good with horses lol or is this a trick question?

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
So after all that he is just light patterned very cool 😎 I have never seen Tetchy get that light after a moult but still very very cool it's a shame he wasn't the same species as her could have got me some lovely looking baby's lol , thanks everyone for their help it's much appreciated 😀
I've seen on bugzuk that they have some of those Eratigena atrica for really cheap. Maybe you could get a female from there and get some cute babies. ☺

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I've seen on bugzuk that they have some of those Eratigena atrica for really cheap. Maybe you could get a female from there and get some cute babies. ☺
🧐 I must investigate lol not sure though what if she ate him I would be wounded

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
🧐 I must investigate lol not sure though what if she ate him I would be wounded
There is a chance of that but there's also a chance of beautiful babies 😉
Or you could let fate decide and see if he finds a female in the wild. Fingers crossed he does successfully breed sometime 🤞

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
There is a chance of that but there's also a chance of beautiful babies 😉
Or you could let fate decide and see if he finds a female in the wild. Fingers crossed he does successfully breed sometime 🤞
I think I will let fate decide he will have more chances out there than in a viv 😁 then I can catch some baby's hopefully 😊

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
Amazing looking spider, I had one similar earlier this year that lived almost a year. He was a healthy little guy I am thinking of going to catch another one. after moulting mine was orange except for the legs and then it faded back to gray.