Any idea what this could be?

Ancistrus

Arachnopeon
I noticed a red crack on my p. Metallica's abdomen a few days ago. I have no idea what it could. He/she stopped eating a couple of weeks ago, so I thought pre molt, but then I noticed the red line. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Very bizarre. At the very least there's no leakage so I doubt it being a trauma based rupture, which is good, no immediate first aid that I can think of. I would just continue halting the feeding, keep her hydrated and keep an eye on it to ensure no leakage begins. Might just be a freak happening that'll pass after a molt, you just want to ensure it doesn't turn into anything serious.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Looks like it's new exo is so large it's cracking her/his current one. I've never seen that happen before, maybe some people that's been in the hobby longer will chime in.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Doesnt look "scratched" to me, it looks split as in ruptured. Rite along the booklung means i would be VERY shy about using superglue (if it leaks i mean).

Best of luck

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
It doesn't look like anything is open. Can you see any kind of visible damage there or is it just discoloration?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Looks as though the exo has split exposing inner exo. If it isn't leaking then there shouldn't be too much to worry about. However, I would cease the feeding until it has hardened. Keep an eye on it. It should turn back but there may be a moult on the way anyway.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I personally think it looks like strech marks. Has you T been eating more tgan it shouls lol.

Ancistrus

Arachnopeon
And I think the crack is getting bigger. It looked much smaller when I first noticed it, I should have taken a picture to compare.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
No idea what it could be. As long as long as it doesn't leak there is not much you can do. Most problems are solved with a molt though. Let's hope it molts soon.