Any hobbyists from OHIO ?

TarantulaTat

Arachnopeon
I sat around Sunday bored to death - didn't realize there was a show/expo in Finlay, OH!

I'm considering going to the one in Columbus on the 21st, but I'm concerned that there may be a lack of vendors due to the upcoming Holiday. Any thoughts? Think it will be a waste of time?

https://allohioreptileshows.webs.com/
Might be scarce but worth a shot! I'd go to look because you never know, I'm also wondering now about the brookpark show, I spoke to someone last night who's been said its A LOT of snakes lol. I found a place in Elyria that had a few nice T's . I grabbed the adult G. Porteri they had (she's a looker) 3-4 yo. They also had a juvie A. chalcodes and T albo. Then a A. geniculata sling maybe 1" 1 1\2". Ill definitely be doing a recon on the brookpark show the 22nd to see if they have any variety or just what I've seen in stores

Drenon88

Arachnopeon
@Tarantual Tat - Maybe I'll run into you at the Brook Park show, I'll definitely check it out - it's only 10 minutes from home. Still on the fence about the Columbus show, maybe some other will chime in and convince me one way or the other!

Daniel S

Arachnopeon
Anyone interested in starting an Ohio collective/group/circle? I'm definitely interested in a group, be it for ordering purposes, or breeding or even just for meet ups for spider chat. I think its something missing here.
I’m interested! Haven’t gotten my first T, but I’m working on it! I keep millis, mantids and a Jerusalem cricket! Planning on going to the expo in Cleveland 2.16.20 if anyone else is going and wants to meet up. Also, I work at the OSU insectary and we have lots of fun inverts if anyone wants to set up a time to come check them out (it’s free we just ask for a heads up to make sure someone will be there to show you around!)

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I’m interested! Haven’t gotten my first T, but I’m working on it! I keep millis, mantids and a Jerusalem cricket! Planning on going to the expo in Cleveland 2.16.20 if anyone else is going and wants to meet up. Also, I work at the OSU insectary and we have lots of fun inverts if anyone wants to set up a time to come check them out (it’s free we just ask for a heads up to make sure someone will be there to show you around!)
What kind of orthopterans does the insectary have? Are you there on the weekend?

Daniel S

Arachnopeon
I believe a colony of Taeniopoda eques, but will verify tomorrow. That might be it to be honest. I know there’s a ton more at the biological science museum because that’s where they do research. Will be there tomorrow so can ask the curator, George! I personally have a mahogany Jerusalem cricket I got in December! Pictured because it’s so awesome yet freaky!!

Attachments

MastaQuila

Arachnopeon
Currently in Louisville, ky but about to move back north to NW ohio (Defiance co.)
South Dixie Balls Crawls & Claws is incredible and the only reason I wish I wasn't moving.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Ohio was the birthplace of the marine hobby and artificial seawater and I'd daresay the birthplace of a few of the invert hobbies.

Poison tongue

Arachnopeon
Born in raised in Wilmington, left for a few years for the military and came back to be around family. Started my T collection soon after coming back.
I went to the Columbus show in November and there were a few people with inverts, but one vendor had exclusively Ts and other inverts. I can recommend the show just for this one vendor alone. He had a wide and reasonably priced selection. I very excited to find he had a Pamphobeteus sp and quickly bought it. I plan on attending again this month.

I love being in Ohio and we have a few cool local species worth looking for. Peace everyone

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I met up with a few hobbyists at the all Cleveland show on Halloween. There were a few tables with whipscorpions and a bunch with Ts. I'll probably go this month too to get crickets and see what's around.

sk063

Arachnopeon
Eastern Ohio here, about 30 miles from Wheeling, WV. Probably going to the All Ohio 2/13/21.