Any hobbyists from OHIO ?

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
Looking to see if there is any Ohio hobbyists out there on arachnoboards. I am new to the area and was just curious if there is any here.

Just moved from the great state of NY to the wonderful state of OH which I am loving so far.

=]

schmiggle

Arachnoking
No, Ohio is a wasteland consisting entirely of corn and former industrial cities beginning with C. It is considered uninhabitable by human life.

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
Compared to NY , OHio is not that bad. Good wages, low cost of living, lots of jobs, they dont tax you till broke, and a ton of freedom buttttttttttt there is no beach , or city, or good food lol

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Why is it the 7th most populated US state then?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
That's well known to be a government conspiracy in an effort to populate the area. You just outed yourself as either a sheeple who's been brainwashed by the liberal media or a government troll trying to subvert the truth.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Compared to NY , OHio is not that bad. Good wages, low cost of living, lots of jobs, they dont tax you till broke, and a ton of freedom buttttttttttt there is no beach , or city, or good food lol
There is good food, you just have to look really hard for it. The hole in the wall establishments are the best.

On a related note, I'm still working out details for a member gathering between ohio, Indiana, possibly Pennsylvania, Illinois and Missouri (perhaps Kentucky as well) as all are within just a few hours of one another.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
That's well known to be a government conspiracy in an effort to populate the area. You just outed yourself as either a sheeple who's been brainwashed by the liberal media or a government troll trying to subvert the truth.
Actually, I'm of the rare breed called "Moderate". However, this apparently means I know nothing as otherwise I would have a presidential candidate who I agreed with on more than a few points. As you can see, my question was merely meant to innocently gain a better understanding of the current sociodemographic in the far-flung (and apparently inhospitable) state of Ohio. My sincere apologies for intruding on the closely guarded secret that persists, whatever that may be.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

TarantulaTat

Arachnopeon
Cleveland here! Also looking for Ohio hobbyists, new keeper and looking for more T's but stores are slim pickings it seems. Also having troubles finding sp. I'd like to have. Any Ohioans that could get me info on local groups and dealers is greatly appreciated.

Drenon88

Arachnopeon
Cleveland here. New to the hobby. I'm interested in information about shows/expos that are within a 2-hour drive of Cleveland. Also interested in group orders to split shipping costs.

TarantulaTat

Arachnopeon
Cleveland here. New to the hobby. I'm interested in information about shows/expos that are within a 2-hour drive of Cleveland. Also interested in group orders to split shipping costs.
CLEVELAND REPTILE SHOW AND SALE
Local UAW 1250
17250 Hummel Rd, Brook Park, OH
DEC 22. Closest show I'm aware of and its once every month same location.

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
Great idea !

And yea the only one I can find is the one T tat posted above

TarantulaTat

Arachnopeon
Anyone interested in starting an Ohio collective/group/circle? I'm definitely interested in a group, be it for ordering purposes, or breeding or even just for meet ups for spider chat. I think its something missing here.

donniedark0

chiLLLen
Arachnosupporter
Anyone interested in starting an Ohio collective/group/circle? I'm definitely interested in a group, be it for ordering purposes, or breeding or even just for meet ups for spider chat. I think its something missing here.
Count me in. Makes it easier to network for various reasons

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
There are 312 miles of beaches in Ohio and USA Today's best coastal town is in Ohio. SANDUSKY, Ohio -- Thanks to thousands of online votes, Sandusky has been named the best coastal town in America by USA Today. “Move over L.A., Miami and Honolulu!" writes USA Today.

prslaughter

Arachnopeon
I'm late to the party, but new to arachno husbandry. I live in the capital city, Columbus, Ohio, and grew up in the southeastern region of the state (Athens). So lived in Ohio my whole life. The one thing I really love about it is the amazing breadth of biodiversity, even in the city.
If you like countrysides, forests, and perhaps camping, Ohio is a good place for all of it. There are lots of well-kept state park areas, which I appreciate more than ever since moving to Columbus in 1999.

Drenon88

Arachnopeon
I sat around Sunday bored to death - didn't realize there was a show/expo in Finlay, OH!

I'm considering going to the one in Columbus on the 21st, but I'm concerned that there may be a lack of vendors due to the upcoming Holiday. Any thoughts? Think it will be a waste of time?

https://allohioreptileshows.webs.com/