Any good facebook groups people recommend?

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As the title says, is there any good Facebook groups people recommend? I know this message boards gets good traffic with people chatting, but Was wondering if any good Facebook groups with pictures/discussion?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
No. In my experience, Facebook is full of people who parrot pet store care sheets. They might mean well, but they know crap about tarantulas.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Shhht! You used the S-Word: 'speak no Evil' ^
This site is a 'family-friendly' one therefore if childrens read such old vintage bad words they can be confused since they learn very soon the new ones available :pompous:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Not really, I'm part of a few FB groups (Arachnoboards, New England Arachnoculture and Entomology, Tarantula/Invert Sale/Buy, and Tarantula Owners Worldwide). I really enjoy the New England group but I know some of the people in it and it's basically just people setting up meets for expos and singing praises of my favorite LPS.
What I've found is that, because it's FB, there's no "weeding out" of the people who don't want to have intelligent discussions like we do here. It's just people bashing other care methods that they don't use, giving bad advice, posting photos of them holding their pokies, asking why their rosehairs aren't eating, etc. I really only post photos in the groups when I get a new T and I'm super excited about it and want to gush and see photos of other peoples'. It keeps me from spamming threads here (somewhat) :p

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shhht! You used the S-Word: 'speak no Evil' ^
This site is a 'family-friendly' one therefore if childrens read such old vintage bad words they can be confused since they learn very soon the new ones available :pompous:
LOL! :) I am only 33? Guess I'm old hahaha, But my daughter and her friends use the S word all the time, along with words like fleek. Maybe its a cali thing?

Last edited:

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not really, I'm part of a few FB groups (Arachnoboards, New England Arachnoculture and Entomology, Tarantula/Invert Sale/Buy, and Tarantula Owners Worldwide). I really enjoy the New England group but I know some of the people in it and it's basically just people setting up meets for expos and singing praises of my favorite LPS.
What I've found is that, because it's FB, there's no "weeding out" of the people who don't want to have intelligent discussions like we do here. It's just people bashing other care methods that they don't use, giving bad advice, posting photos of them holding their pokies, asking why their rosehairs aren't eating, etc. I really only post photos in the groups when I get a new T and I'm super excited about it and want to gush and see photos of other peoples'. It keeps me from spamming threads here (somewhat) :p
Right I here you! Anyways, I know with other stuff, the message boards have become obsolete, guess that is not the case with Tarantulas. BUT I do know that there is a lot of the crap out there like you mentioned with everything not just Tarantulas as far as FB groups go. Which Is why I asked if there was any good ones, I will def check out the ones you mentioned! Thx! I sent a request for Tarantula owners worldwide but never got approval that was a while back hahaha.....

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
LOL! :) I am only 33? Guess I'm old hahaha, But my daughter and her friends use the S word all the time, along with words like fleek. Maybe its a cali thing?
Well, you're 33 oh lucky one, therefore more younger than me :mad: but my comment wasn't directed to you of course, just a 'memento' for a user to 'Edit' his comment since if someone report that it's no fun, no no.

Pmuticus704

Arachnopeon
Check out "Midwest Fang Gang". It is by far one of the most friendly and informative sites on Facebook for Tarantulas by far... You will not be disappointed.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Check out "Midwest Fang Gang". It is by far one of the most friendly and informative sites on Facebook for Tarantulas by far... You will not be disappointed.
Exquisite choice of a username, man. Exquisite choice!
Let's praise the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) together, like two best friends drinking beer in a Pool-Bar full of smoke and truck drivers where a brawl can start anytime :pompous:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is some value in that anti-social media software, it allows you to see far more pictures of species not available in the USA from what I've heard.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
'Facebook' and 'good' mixed together? Something like that can into exist? :pompous:
No, there are a multitude of reasons as to why I lovingly refer to it as "Wastebook" :pompous::rofl:

What I've found is that, because it's FB, there's no "weeding out" of the people who don't want to have intelligent discussions like we do here. It's just people bashing other care methods that they don't use, giving bad advice, posting photos of them holding their pokies, asking why their rosehairs aren't eating, etc.
In short, they're mostly full of argumentative idiots.

There's a couple of UK seller's groups that I'm in but I avoid the rest like the plague.