any chameleon breeders here?

joseofsa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok so i breed my jackson chameleon girl and she is fairly along. i know they are live bearers but this morning for some reason i thought "i wonder if the babies come with air bags?" then laughed for a bit(dont ask me why) then it snaped how do the babies survive the fall?! i never thought of that question till this morning :wall: . and not one care sheet covers this. do they climb to the bottom or just drop them??? all my veileds and panthers bury the eggs so i know what to do but not with the jacksons chem. :?
any help would be appreciated :worship: and if any of you had a "OMG!" moment plz share.
-jose

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
idk man but when you figure it out and have the babies are you selling any?

joseofsa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
not from this batch i figured it out i think. my female is at the bottom of the tank so i suspect she has them then climbs back up but if one cross' her path... she will eat it. she is big so i am suspecting a large clutch maybe if i have an odd number of guys or gals i will sell it.

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
ive only bred ambilobe panthers......that is a good question. Try asking art @ midwestexoticpetcenter.com or the "lizard guy" at chameleoncounters.com. Either one is a walking dictionary of all things reptilian.

joseofsa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello nich! you still breed chems? i need some new blood if you do have any i will buy/trade from you. if you do what color morph do you have? get back at me
jose