any breeding info on C meridionalis or H. villosella????

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this weekend im getting a C meridionalis mating pair. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out and answer me one question -- how is this species when it comes to mating? hard? easy? mid level?

what about H villosella? im getting 5 2" subadult/adult specimens, hopefully some will be male and some will be female. :D. any info on this species as far as breeding goes?

THANX :D

~bliss

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Where are you C. meridionalis coming from? Most of the WC specimens sold in the U.S. as such have been P. chordatus.

If you post some pictures when you get them, including ventral shots, we'll be able to tell you if you got the real thing or not.

I would contact Phil Messenger for breeding info on this species. I'm raising some the C. meridionalis slings he produced.

Eric

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am getting C meridionalis from a website, im picking them up at a show on saturday. He claims that these are the real things, i guess we'll just see about that... he imported them, and i am paying a lot for them. we'll just have to see if it's the real thing!!!!! ;) hopefully it is, but hey if not.... chordatus are always nice too!!! :D im not really all that big into them, i just wanted a couple more breeding to add to my current breeding projects... honestly im more interested in my H. villosella :D

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi,

he imported them
Do you know if he imported them from Africa or from Europe? If I were you, I'd ask to see pics before paying a lot of money. You can PM me if you have questions on how to determine if they're the real deal... or if you have permission to put the pics here, all the better.

Eric

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im not sure eric, i would ask him but his place is closed now. i'm not sure, i know the villosella i am getting come directly from Tanzania.. not sure about the probable meridionalis... well, i can call tomorrow and see where he got them from, i mean i'm getting the pair for 85$, which to me is a lot :p. i know it's not "p metallica a lot" but still... even so, i'd be happy with a mating pair of chordatus and would probably still buy them anyway. either:
1. they are chordatus and not meridionalis
or
2. they really are meridionalis and he has no clue what he REALLY has.

either way, i'll be happy with the outcome :D.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
wc villosella adults huh?didnt know these were being imported

phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If they are coming out of Tanzania i would doubt them to be C meridionalis, more likely as has already been said to be P.chordatus, but on the off chance they are C.meridionalis here are my 2003 / 2004 breeding notes