Any advice please?

aiken

Arachnopeon
I lost my beautiful brachypelma emilia today, she was 7 years old, was perfectly fine the past few days, wasent underfed or dehydrated, she was just gone…
can this happen with tarantulas, can they pass away and there’s no reason we can find?
I’ve kept her the same way for 7 years
I’m upset that I may have done something wrong but I can’t see what it could be.
Any advice would be much appreciated I have other tarantulas and Im doubting my ability to care for them now…

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
It happens. Lost my emilia a few months ago, too... No known cause, but there was certainly some cause. I don't think it's unreasonable to have doubts about your husbandry, but sometimes we do the best we can and still end up losing one.

aiken

Arachnopeon
It happens. Lost my emilia a few months ago, too... No known cause, but there was certainly some cause. I don't think it's unreasonable to have doubts about your husbandry, but sometimes we do the best we can and still end up losing one.
So sorry, he was beautiful 🕷

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Sorry for your loss, my emilia is one of my most treasured. Pics of the enclosure and more details about how you keep the rest of them might be helpful in pinpointing the cause, but then again it could just be one of those freak things that happens to all of us at some point.