Antrodiaetus, prob. pacificus

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Out hunting for Hexura this weekend & found a handful of these, in old cedar & Doug fir stumps, of all places. No tubes, as is usual for this genus. Lots of ground beetle corpses within spider walking distance. This was the largest of the lot...gravid?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thanks! After my 1st failure with these(moisture levels/feeding issues), I think I "get it" now. Myg love.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
if hexura are anything like megahexura they will be more finicky in some respects than these should be (though i haven't kept Antrodietatus (er, i don't remember how to spell anything anymore).

like, the biggest difference, i had to feed megahexura about 2-3 times more often than an equivalent size tarantula from the same area

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Yeah, both species are surrounded by loads of prey items in each instance that I find them. I would love to know what they eat primarily, but have yet to find anything on the subject.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
they are probably just generalists like tarantulas. i meant finicky in the randomly dieing sense

spider pest

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey cacoseraph, could you point me in the direction of any info on mygs in NJ?

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Niger is not like a lot of other sphodros as they adults tubes are terrestrial and usually in grasses...juvies you might find a vertical tube

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thanks! for some reason i thought there might have been more, but i guess not!
there very well could be. that list only represents what i have found online or in books so far, so no guarantees it is complete, correct, or exhaustive

spider pest

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there very well could be. that list only represents what i have found online or in books so far, so no guarantees it is complete, correct, or exhaustive
Well I meant that they don't appear to be common or abundant, but I'm out there flipping rocks and peeling bark anyway, so it's in the realm of possibility. Also, that's a nice resource you have over there. Going to check out PA as well.