Antrodiaetus in oregon

olliewollie123

Arachnopeon
Has anyone ever seen antrodiaetus? Pacificus? In Oregon or Washington? What habitat did you find it i, tips on how to find won? Story on how you found it? I've been trying to find Antrodiaetus Pacificus, so I need some advice.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, Antrodiaetus pacificus are very common in many areas of Washington and Oregon. I have found them in numerous locations throughout both states. Search for a clay rich covered (i.e., in the woods) hillside, one that looks as though it would not wash away with rain, and start looking for their small turret shaped burrows. They dig relatively deep, directly proportionally to the size of spider in my experience (i.e., spiderlings dig much more shallow burrows than adults). The burrows are wishbone shaped sometimes, and you may also find many empty burrows. They are frequently found in clusters, so if you find one burrow, you are bound to find many more nearby. I see you are in Portland, I recommend checking out the Kelly Butte Natural Area, as well as the Powell Butte Nature Park. Good luck!

olliewollie123

Arachnopeon
Yes, Antrodiaetus pacificus are very common in many areas of Washington and Oregon. I have found them in numerous locations throughout both states. Search for a clay rich covered (i.e., in the woods) hillside, one that looks as though it would not wash away with rain, and start looking for their small turret shaped burrows. They dig relatively deep, directly proportionally to the size of spider in my experience (i.e., spiderlings dig much more shallow burrows than adults). The burrows are wishbone shaped sometimes, and you may also find many empty burrows. They are frequently found in clusters, so if you find one burrow, you are bound to find many more nearby. I see you are in Portland, I recommend checking out the Kelly Butte Natural Area, as well as the Powell Butte Nature Park. Good luck!
Hello, thanks for this information, What about the oregon coast? Where are they commonly found? Seaside, rockaway beach? cannon beach? I am going there tomorrow and im wondering.

I live west of portland, what about there?