Antrodiaetus care and breeding

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Got 4 Antrodiaetus unicolor and 1 male, how do I care for them? I gave them a couple inches of deep sub and a starter burrow. When are the females sexually mature? The male’s hooked out but the females are 4 different sizes, one being about the size of a 50 cent piece, and each one after being about one molt smaller. Are the other 3 breedable? Can the females retain sperm? Also how would I safely breed the male?
2B46DC79-FD3C-42DA-8F11-B0F2AE4265AF.jpeg

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I have never heard of this species before but looking at the build of it in your photo im gonna take a guess and say this species is more than likely a clay/loan dweller. Keep that in mind for next time you're rehousing.

Ive only bred Arbanitis sp. but IME with them trapdoor females reach sexual maturity at surprisingly small sizes. A male with a 50mm DLS successfully paired with a female at only 35mm and she produced a very healthy sac. Mind getting some photos of them next to the male in seperate cups?

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Welp I was too late, I tried pairing them and came back a few hours later to see him crumpled up and lifeless..he was a bit sluggish in the first place so I’m doubting that he even mated eith her. Hopefully the other females I have had all mated before and can hopefully give me some slings.
986BDDAE-8B7B-4833-80DC-1477234B1632.jpeg

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Welp I was too late, I tried pairing them and came back a few hours later to see him crumpled up and lifeless..he was a bit sluggish in the first place so I’m doubting that he even mated eith her. Hopefully the other females I have had all mated before and can hopefully give me some slings.
View attachment 363322
Sorry to hear mate, take it from someone who owns over 100 traps it can be infuriating tracking down males in time. Ive had one particularly rare one die mere hours after receiving it :( better luck next time, i hope your other females may drop a sac for you