antinous’s Microgreen Thread

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
So this is my first, well second since I started some seeds two days earlier, attempt to grow Microgreens in an effort to live a healthier life and get ‘in touch’ with my food.

I’m using a ‘Spicy Salad Mix’ variety here and I’ll continue to update this daily around the same time.

Day 1
63B51669-8F2A-48D0-9145-E3C216AA1B0C.jpeg

cold blood

Staff member
Day 1 pic is absolutely riviting....can i get that as a poster for my wall?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Day 1 pic is absolutely riviting....can i get that as a poster for my wall?
Sure can ;)

I should've at least zoomed in a bit more but I'm a lazy SOB. I'll make sure to add better photos as it progresses and when I get seeds of other varieties.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Don’t have the photos but they grew pretty fast and I harvested some after day 5. Turns out I over seeded the tray so I did about 3/4 the next time and it worked better. Tried a little bit less the next time and it worked the best. I’ll be doing it again after a slight hiatus and I’ll update with photos whenever I do start them

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hadn't thought about growing microgreens before, but it looks like they're fairly easy as long as you have a sunny windowsill. I might have to give that a try this year.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Alright, I went with a variety pack of separate seeds from Amazon to see which ones I like before committing to a big mixed bag or individual types. I know my wife is looking forward to trying the broccoli microgreens, so we'll see how it goes.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I enjoy sunflower, radish, lentil and broccoli sprouts. Also pea and corn shoots!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Gave it a whirl and mine were about as riveting as antinous's. Tasted good though. I'm looking forward to doing another batch maybe this weekend. I had a bit of a mold issue in the container though, so I'm wondering if it'd work better if I leave half the lid off and just spray more often?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So this is my first, well second since I started some seeds two days earlier, attempt to grow Microgreens in an effort to live a healthier life and get ‘in touch’ with my food.

I’m using a ‘Spicy Salad Mix’ variety here and I’ll continue to update this daily around the same time.

Day 1
View attachment 292700
Good choice! I love greens myself! I grew onions, diffrent beans and diffrent herbs before when i lived in a house with garden!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Made another attempt using jars and rinsing the seeds this time. Not necessarily a fan of the amount of water needed to do it, but it's super easy. But then a bunch of phorids figured out how to get in there, so that was annoying. I think I'm going to try the dish method again since I liked watching the little guys grow.